Groundhogg

Apr 16, 2022
Franklin, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, X-Terra Pro, Quantum II, DFX, Radio Shack Discovery 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know that batteries don't last forever. I have to take the small household ones to the special recycle center. (Just a hillbilly doin' my small part) What do they do with EV batteries? Can they be "up-cycled" and made into something else or are they buried in bunkers only to be discovered in a couple 100 years?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lithium ion are more fire hazard than lithium polymer or LiFePo4. Lithium ion are lighter weight—ten pounds lighter than the LiFePo4 20Ah. But they do not have as long a life span.

Don’t believe the advertising about how many miles—that’s if you are pedaling the entire way. SOme bike you HAVE to pedal. Some laws are that way. Montana 30 mph and a set of pedals is about the only restrictions.

If you are interested in electric bike conversion, get the 48 or 52 volt battery. 20Ah is what I got, a bit top-heavy but not too bad.

I like the hub motors. They are so quiet and smooth and maintenance-free. Those mid-drives I’m sure are nice—you change gears to get more speed or hill climbing. But the chain is running all the time.

And gas-powered? No way. Stinky, loud, serious vibration, low reliability. But they do have higher speed and much longer range.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go green!
I can smell the fresher air as a result.

Not sure how much gas is saved—SUV’s stomp on the gas pedal when they pass me. That uses more energy than for me to ride across town and back.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the Amish in my area have them.
They don't call them electric bikes, they are E-bikes.
hard to judge their speed when you're trying to pass them, and several have been killed in crashes.
They are like a moped, and should be licensed as such.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
We just took a electric mini cooper to deliver from willoughby Ohio to Columbus Ohio about 150 mi and got half way there and only had 9 mi left to go on the battery so we had to stop and charge the battery. Then we took a new VW to Pittsburg Pa from Mentor Ohio it was a bigger car got there and only had 35 miles left on the battery when we got there

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Expensive Toys !

Should be on the banned Xmas List like Lawn Darts , Hoverboards &Fisher Price Power wheels !

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread