MDmom2

Greenie
Oct 5, 2015
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm looking for a little help. Any information that can be provided on this button would be great. What period? I believe it is copper with a silver plate (mostly flaked off now, but there is still some shine), approx. 32mm. My 3 year old son and I go on "treasure hunts" in the yard mostly. We have an old homestead on our property that burnt down in a wild fire in 1947, so I'm hopeful we will find other items, but his our first big find. I'd love to be able to put it away for him with a little note providing some back ground. An thoughts?

IMG_4349.JPG IMG_4340.JPG IMG_4339.JPG

Upvote 4

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
THATS A DANDY OF A FIND THERE NEW MEMBER AND WELCOME TO TNET WERE NO MATTER WHAT YOU FIND , AND SHOW , IT IS ALWAYS TREASURE ...

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice decorated button.
32mm is quite big, generally the bigger, the older.Agree with V...07 late 18th C. but alos "could be" a little newer.
Good find, there maybe, and probably is many more finds on your property...wish I owned a property myself with that potential.
Good luck with future hunts.

OP
OP
M

MDmom2

Greenie
Oct 5, 2015
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you! Trust me I'm looking forward to posting more of what we find. Mostly though, I look forward to making some great memories with my kids.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread