All Treasure Hunting

Grizzly13

Sep 22, 2012
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac/Sunray Probe. Garrett 2500/garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What kind of machine do you have ? What have you found to date ? Read the forums on hear and ask questions people can help you alot if you give specifics on your machine.

OP
OP
E

eyepatch

Tenderfoot
Oct 3, 2012
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Grizzly. I have a bounty hunter pioneer 505...got from a friend. I did a little research and learned a bit more about the different settings. So far to date, I've found a few coins, matchbox car, and old cabinet handle, and more bottle caps that I can count.

sanddigger

Mar 25, 2012
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
beach hunter 300
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi, and Welcome to the site, I have the Beach Hunter 300, cost me about $1000... I started metal Detecting Back in the good old Days 1970S , Some time I Find a nice ring Gold.. But I some time Find My old Friend Mr Pulltab or Mr Bottle Cap. in time your Detctor will pay off.

Don57

Feb 7, 2009
Lindenhurst NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 6T / Prizm 9" Spider Coil / Prizm Mini DD Coil / Garretts Pro Pointer / Lesche trowel
Primary Interest:
Other
I am also in Suffolk County Long Island . People spend alot of time outside on Long Island , there is lots to find . I have luck at the bay beaches through out Suffolk . In my opinion the ocean beaches are a waste of time unless you go in the summer evenings right after the crowd's leave or right after a storm (that is just my opinion based on my 11 years of MD'ing) . My favorite spots are the older schoolyards and older parks throughout Suffolk and Nassau . I have had lots of luck at these spots . I always hit the playgrounds first , under the monkey bars , under the swings etc . I hit the "dugout" areas of the ball fields , under the bleachers . Under big old trees in these area's is usually a good spot , under and around the picnic benches and park benches . Stay with it , be patient and it will pay off . I don't mean pay off in a "I'm gonna strike it big and be rich" kind of way . I mean you will find those old silver coins and occasional piece of jewelry among the pull tabs . Good luck to you and if you ever want to hunt with me and my buddy just let me know .

Phanntom

Oct 21, 2012
Retired and traveling
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000di Pro SL
Whites Goldmaster II vSat
Whites Prizim 6T
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get discouraged...your finds a pretty typical of most of us. This is a large site with a lot of people posting some really great finds everyday making it seem like it's the norm...it's not, except for those few that do research and are out swinging everyday/weekend or a regular basis. I'd love to go out to Sag Harbor and environs with mine for a week or so...LI is such an old area generally speaking...it's just a matter of finding your honey-hole.

DigitNY

Jan 1, 2013
Cortlandt NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab 305, Fisher CZ70 Pro, Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get discouraged...your finds a pretty typical of most of us. This is a large site with a lot of people posting some really great finds everyday making it seem like it's the norm...it's not, except for those few that do research and are out swinging everyday/weekend or a regular basis. I'd love to go out to Sag Harbor and environs with mine for a week or so...LI is such an old area generally speaking...it's just a matter of finding your honey-hole.

Get to know your detector, stay out of tot lots, unless clad is your thing. Although tot lots are good practice for getting to know your tones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions