5 by 8 coil

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did it I just ordered the coil for my pro from Wayne at metal detecting stuff. I ordered a 31" sampson t-handle and Garrett retriever to because Wayne gave me a great price for all three. I can't wait to hit those trashy fields where the old home sites were. I've done well their but the 5 by 8 should help sniff out those hard targets in all that iron trash. Wish me luck and good luck to everyone. :)

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You will love it Kodiak, I have not took mine off since I got it!! I have a 4.5 Sniper I have never used!! and the stock coil never gets used either!! Better balance, LOTS lighter, no loss of depth, to speak of, if you auto ground balance, then drop about 5 manualy. I hit dimes all the time at 8+ inches.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, When I got my ATP and was reading how GREAT the 5x8 coil was...I pretty much though BS....But then I got one, and went to this one particular area that had so many Steel screw tops...and first time out managed to find a Silver dime within all the junk....made me a beliver

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I waited awhile to get this coil I was doing good with the stock but with all the threads on this coil I finally had to order it. I was going to order it back a few weeks ago but wife says it will be a Christmas present from her and the kids so I waited to order. I'm sure it's going to be a better coil in the high trash due to its size. I just hope I don't loose to much depth but from what I've read shouldn't loose much.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will never put my stock coil back on. The 5x8 is so light, pinpoints dead on and slides through the water so easy you don't even know it's there. Stock coil picks up too many targets even in mildly trashy areas. You will love it. Give Bart a call at Big Boy Hobbies if anyone needs one, he's got the best service I've ever seen and no one will beat his prices. Let him know your a T-Net member for the discount.

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will never put my stock coil back on. The 5x8 is so light, pinpoints dead on and slides through the water so easy you don't even know it's there. Stock coil picks up too many targets even in mildly trashy areas. You will love it. Give Bart a call at Big Boy Hobbies if anyone needs one, he's got the best service I've ever seen and no one will beat his prices. Let him know your a T-Net member for the discount.
ive heard a lot of great things about Bart and big boy hobbies but Wayne at metaldetecting stuff is a great guy and his prices are great too. I'm a loyal customer of Wayne's now with two great transactions with him. I even called him one evening out of the blue for some help and advice and was on the phone with him for a while. He was genuinely concerned and helped me work through a learning curve I was having problems with. I'm sure Bart is the same way so if anyone is interested in upgrade or just needs something please give Wayne a chance too. Both of these guys are well known on tnet and I can attest to Wayne's customer service. Thank you Wayne and merry Christmas to everyone.

Last edited:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks Rob!

Wayne is a good dealer as well!

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! We all share a passion for detecting, and I enjoy talking with everyone. EJ, it's always a pleasure to work with you.

All of the sponsors appreciate the members support.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kodiak you will enjoy the parts you ordered. I never take my 5 x 8 off, did once and the 5 x 8 went right back on for the next hunt. I wouldn't be without my Samson T Handle, you will appreciate that.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kodiak you will enjoy the parts you ordered. I never take my 5 x 8 off, did once and the 5 x 8 went right back on for the next hunt. I wouldn't be without my Samson T Handle, you will appreciate that.

Agreed, it never comes off!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did it I just ordered the coil for my pro from Wayne at metal detecting stuff. I ordered a 31" sampson t-handle and Garrett retriever to because Wayne gave me a great price for all three. I can't wait to hit those trashy fields where the old home sites were. I've done well their but the 5 by 8 should help sniff out those hard targets in all that iron trash. Wish me luck and good luck to everyone. :)

Glad ya got the 5x8 ur in for a good experience its night & day what it does for the Atpro in all catagories & from ur other threads ive read in what you look for ull do better then good, hh

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad ya got the 5x8 ur in for a good experience its night & day what it does for the Atpro in all catagories & from ur other threads ive read in what you look for ull do better then good, hh
thanks christo I can't wait to get out there to use the smaller coil. Too much snow on the ground rite now but going to warm up next week. Merry Christmas.

sask hunter

Aug 26, 2013
yorkton saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Loved my 5x8 coil on atp esspecialy for pinpointing in murky water , was a lot more precise , I just wish my pro pointer was waterproof :(

D.A.D.D.-Dads against daughters dating

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread