5 gallon bucket accessory

Yukon99669

Jul 30, 2020
Alaska and Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I found these snap-on “Dust Pan” attachments at the hardware store.

I often bring home un-processed pay dirt and spend quite a bit of time rinsing out the sediment etc… before running through my recirculating sluices to keep the water cleaner.
I’m thinking that gluing down some low profile sluice mat on the ramp might speed up my rinsing process since I won’t have be so careful dumping the sediment.
Can you guys think of any other or better ideas to make this useful (other than a Dust Pan)?

IMG_3778.jpeg
IMG_3774.jpeg

Upvote 7

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You could try using a small fresh water pump and small tubing to help flush out the fine sediment flowing from the bottom / back of the bucket out the top over the dust pan.
Think of a sand filter with the fresh water flushing out the fine sediment through the material and out the top of the bucket. The values will not flush out through the pay dirt material.

This should speed up the flushing process as you are not adding water by hand.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Depending on how much material you have in the bottom of the bucket you can use a electric drill either corded or cordless with a paint mixer auger type stirring attachment chucked in the electric drill to mix the very bottom of the bucket materials while pumping fresh flushing water into the bucket to speed up the flushing of the fine sediment material out the top of the bucket.

Start with a slow speed with the drill and increase the speed until there is some larger sediment / particles coming out of the bucket that you can catch with a tub or container. Then back off the speed of the drill say 20% and check again the sediment material coming out of the bucket. Fine tune the speed of the drill to fit your area materials. You may be surprised at how much this can speed up the process.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Some will speed up the process when the material is finished being flushed with fresh water to let it stop and settle then scoop out the top 1/3 to 3/4 of the material in the bucket and dump. Leaving the rest of the material to then process any why they chose to process. Depending on the type of material you are running will determine how much you scoop out as some will have only ultra fine values and little course values or mixed in clay etc.

Regardless there will have to be fine tuning for this type of process.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread