Nov 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Assuming they aren't impaired in anyway (scratches/fingerprints/etc.), then they are indeed worth a premium on the secondary market. They can either be a clad or silver (90%) proof. Most likely, you have clad proofs. Selling individually will net the largest profit, but it will take a while to unload. Keeping them in the tube and selling them as is will be the quickest way to realize the profit.

Welcome to the madness.

OP
OP
jdp311

jdp311

Nov 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, guys! I read the newbie guide and gained a good bit of knowledge but didn't quite understand everything. All these coins look like they have never been removed from the tubes. They are not finger printed or scratched. Do you guys have an estimate at how much the secondary premium might be? like $5.00 a coin or more? I have looked around and have seen a little of everything as far as price goes. They have the copper band around the edge, so they are not 90%.

Thank you for the welcome, as well.

Other than the 5 tubes of 2004-S, I found one 40% 1968. Not bad for a day especially if i can get something for the 5 tubes of 2004-s.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
If you sell them individually, you might expect a realized price of $2-3. I would sell them as a roll in which case $1.50 -$2.00 each would be expected. Sell 4 tubes, and the remaining coins I would sell individually. I would keep one myself and make a note on the 2x2 of the score and the final profit realized. Looking back in 5 years the money will be gone, but the coin will remain to remind you of your first solid rolls.

OP
OP
jdp311

jdp311

Nov 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you sell them individually, you might expect a realized price of $2-3. I would sell them as a roll in which case $1.50 -$2.00 each would be expected. Sell 4 tubes, and the remaining coins I would sell individually. I would keep one myself and make a note on the 2x2 of the score and the final profit realized. Looking back in 5 years the money will be gone, but the coin will remain to remind you of your first solid rolls.

I very much like the idea of keeping on as a reminder. I do believe this is what I will do. Got any advice at where to sell these?

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
eBay. A couple of pictures and a 1 sentence description. Start at face value and let them the market decide what their value is. One roll at a time and one individual coin at a time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread