😊

Chippie

May 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. I posted some pictures about a rock a had found, only the pictures were not clear. So, I’m hoping to find out if anybody knows what this stuff is. I hope this picture is clearer than the last. I’ve looked in several books and read quite a few articles trying to figure what it may be. If anybody has a thought on the possibilities, I would be happy to knowledge. Thank you. CDC99EAD-1A04-435D-B58D-550D12E0C0CF.jpeg

fuss

Jul 27, 2018
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not sure what you have there, interesting looking for sure with lots of crystals from I can tell. any chance of taking them outside in the sun and getting some shots at different angles?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Chippie

May 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m not sure, but I can tell you that it is the brightest orange when the sun hits it. Sometimes it has a scarlet colour. And it has shapes, like on a deck of cards. Some edges look bevelled. The orange colour in this rock is clear, looks like liquid fire in some spots.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Chippie

May 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m going to get some photos in the sun. I sure wish I knew what it is, I’ve never seen anything like it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Chippie

May 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahahahaha. I sure don’t either. ��

Upvote 0

Steve1236

Sep 14, 2017
Az
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks a lot like rough Kaleidascope fluorite, my best guess, Ive looked around and some are calling it kaleidascope agate/jasper Idk, I've never had any of it before, it's a very popular lapidary material on Ebay, its always bidding pretty high. I could be wrong though, someone else on here more knowledgeable might know and will set me strait if I am, do a scratch test for hardness, does it fluorescence under uv light? Anyway nice find!:icon_thumright: kaleidoscope-agate-pendant_6_g_CJ01148.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lygore

Nov 7, 2012
I was thinking along the fluorite line as well. It appears to have a similar cubic fracture pattern from what I can see. And it does come in all kinds of colors. I agree with kaleidoscope fluorite looking correct to me.

Upvote 0

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If in an area known to contain copper, the blue is chrysocolla. The green often found with chrysocolla is malachite. Both are ores of copper. I just found several peices of both from a copper mine up on Mt. Lemmon July 4th. I can take pics of the pieces I found if asked. ╦╦C

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread