$660 Million for States to Plug Orphaned Oil and Gas Wells through President’s Investing in America Agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To save the greatest amount of taxpayer money in the future (regarding orphaned wells), each oil company should provide a $75k bond, for each new well--and perhaps additional bonds for wells that are nearly orphaned or being operated by nearly insolvent companies. In essence, put the financial responsibility on the oil companies who created the problem not the taxpayer.
This is what every industry should do in regards to pollution or trash or recycling control... of course they say that we will have to pay more but I would pay more if it helped clean up the mess that industry has made..

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All Electric world..We will be living in canvas tents with sheet metal fire stoves while they tell us we are contributing to climate change and deforestation. Relying on gravity water and hacked up pieced together solar panels. Hmm. Kind of like Africa.

Sorry that was dark.
To expand a little on the dark side. Just include the "Carbon tax" and monitor who gets to use the "Carbon" could put some into the dark age.

China like's everyone to use there "Critical minerals" for the production of electric batteries etc.

Some of us still use the good old canvas tent with a sheet metal fire stoves by choice in cold weather at one's own will and not forced into it. Living in Africa has it's serious down side.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is what every industry should do in regards to pollution or trash or recycling control... of course they say that we will have to pay more but I would pay more if it helped clean up the mess that industry has made..
You may want to check out the practices in many other country's, China is one example.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Its all good until it happens in your back yard. The beauty of the lord, destroyed by the greed of man.
Now it is all about lithium mines. Steel, copper and other metals are recycled. What happens to the spent Uranium, will be the same as the used lithium, so you will have a double edged sword, first the ugly holes in the earth, then the toxic waste.
Not only that you (we)the consumer(s) will pay more in the end. The cost of a nice ford or chevy truck in the 1970's was $3000 or less, have you shopped for a new F150 lately, $60k - $90k+, do you really need all that electronic stuff, an aluminum frame/body that will rust out sooner than steel, do you need an all electric Ravin or truck that cannot pull your RV across town, let alone get you across country in 3 or 4 days.
Once they get you by the short hairs, they keep adding on as to what you will be charged.
The push for electric cars and trucks is in the works. I don't know the dates off hand for a high percentage of electric everything, however the people in the U.S.A. may not benefit the most as the minerals and tech is mostly imported.

Man will always be digging holes in the ground looking for minerals etc.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Clean energy is a joke. Mining minerals needed for solar is extremely destructive to the environment. Most of this takes place in 3rd world countries where the people are very poor & laws on environment destruction are non existent. Poor people working in these mines face extreme danger & poverty. This is clearly & handily overlooked by the media.
Wind turbines are a joke as well. Millions of birds die as a result of their use but it is covered up. Offshore windfarms are killing whales at an unprecedented rate. They have to spin 5+ years to break even on the fossil enegy it takes to build & set them up. Diesel machines are used to mine, manufacture, & deliver these "clean" power sources just so people can virtue signal how they are saving the environment. A load of BS. I'm not against alternatives for fossil fuels but what we are embracing now is a scam at the highest level.
Unfortunately energy in "Clean" form is not a joke as there is currently billions on the line with trillions soon to be on the line.

When enough people plug in to charge there batteries to say a bank of wind mills the line can go brown to black quickly. When this happens the fuel oil / gas generators will have to go on line. The peak demand for fuel energy will only go up.

Remember a fair amount of people who currently have "All electric cars" will have a generator that they bought as a backup and to charge the batteries faster. Most people don't care for the 8 - 30 hrs. needed for a full charge depending on there charging system. This is clearly not the "Clean break" that some are promoting.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately energy in "Clean" form is not a joke as there is currently billions on the line with trillions soon to be on the line.

When enough people plug in to charge there batteries to say a bank of wind mills the line can go brown to black quickly. When this happens the fuel oil / gas generators will have to go on line. The peak demand for fuel energy will only go up.

Remember a fair amount of people who currently have "All electric cars" will have a generator that they bought as a backup and to charge the batteries faster. Most people don't care for the 8 - 30 hrs. needed for a full charge depending on there charging system. This is clearly not the "Clean break" that some are promoting.
They have batteries in development that can charge in less than 30 minutes and possibly carry you almost 1000 miles... the problem is that even though the tech is catching up, its too little too late, our planet is rousting now, what will it look like in 30-40 years, the time it will take to convert everything.. or convert climate deniers .. Regardless of what you believe we all have to live in this hell on earth.. no, I believe we are past the point of no return.... Every little bit helps, but what is causing the these temperatures was put into the atmosphere 15-20-30 years ago... we humans simply did not give a fuck, and made more cars, more trucks, more busses, more planes and trains more coal power plants more fuel to power everything... because we could, we never wanted to consider the consequences..
sorry I'm just not seeing us getting out of this...

Now that's dark..

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They have batteries in development that can charge in less than 30 minutes and possibly carry you almost 1000 miles... the problem is that even though the tech is catching up, its too little too late, our planet is rousting now, what will it look like in 30-40 years, the time it will take to convert everything.. or convert climate deniers .. Regardless of what you believe we all have to live in this hell on earth.. no, I believe we are past the point of no return.... Every little bit helps, but what is causing the these temperatures was put into the atmosphere 15-20-30 years ago... we humans simply did not give a fuck, and made more cars, more trucks, more busses, more planes and trains more coal power plants more fuel to power everything... because we could, we never wanted to consider the consequences..
sorry I'm just not seeing us getting out of this...

Now that's dark..
Are you aware that NASA has documented around 16 ice ages in the past. NASA has also documented some periods where the air temp was more then a hundred degrees then now.

That's enough to kill most things on this planet except under the ice caps or under ground.

How did this topic get so dark..........lol.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Less than .02% of the public land in the United States has surface disturbance from mining.

I am clueless why it would be anyone's priority to plug an existing well. Capping has been the industry standard for more than 130 years. Capping the well will provide all the safety protection needed by the public and leave open the option of reopening the well when needed in the future. The same is true of hardrock mines.

I see a lot of wasted time. money and energy going into worrying about a 13 3/8 inch hole.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Less than .02% of the public land in the United States has surface disturbance from mining.

I am clueless why it would be anyone's priority to plug an existing well. Capping has been the industry standard for more than 130 years. Capping the well will provide all the safety protection needed by the public and leave open the option of reopening the well when needed in the future. The same is true of hardrock mines.

I see a lot of wasted time. money and energy going into worrying about a 13 3/8 inch hole.
Likely this is done for control and money.
Love your point about the .02%. of public land in the U.S..

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Study casts doubt on electric vehicles' climate, cost benefits: 'Won't achieve the goals intended'

The massive push to electrify vehicles nationwide will 'have enormous economic and social costs,' report author Mark Mills tells Fox News Digital

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/st...ate-cost-benefits-wont-achieve-goals-intended

100 energy, farm industry groups line up against Biden's gas vehicle crackdown

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/10...-line-up-against-bidens-gas-vehicle-crackdown

Trade groups express concern Biden administration's EV rules are 'not in the best interest of the consumer'

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The climate crisis is
Are you aware that NASA has documented around 16 ice ages in the past. NASA has also documented some periods where the air temp was more then a hundred degrees then now.

That's enough to kill most things on this planet except under the ice caps or under ground.

I have read several studies and have seen 2 video's pertaining to ice core sample examinations. One interesting aspect was the many warming and cooling cycles that were documented in the past several thousands of years. Some were fairly extreme both ways.
One interesting thing I found out was that around the time weather temperatures were first being recorded for scientific purposes we were actually coming out of a very cold period in earth's history. These are the temperatures we are now comparing to today's Temperatures thinking they were normal, when in fact they were unusually cold.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The last mini ice age ended in 1850. 170 years ago. Since then the global average temperature has risen 1 degree centigrade (less than 2 degrees Fahrenheit). It's a heat wave!

We all gonna die from that 1 degree! And according to some it's all the fault of those 13 3/8 holes in the ground. We better plug them quick before the air catches fire and burns up all the oxygen from global warming!

Oh and I heard from random loose poultry passing by the sky is falling. 🐓

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread