luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't comment on that one. Have used the 5.75 concentric and 8"concentric donut on mine with good results.
luvsdux

Bill G

Jan 8, 2006
Have not used Tesoro 8.5" Wide Scan DD coil but I do use the 7" Wide Scan DD Tesoro Coil on my Outlaw and it is an awesome coil. I like it the best out of all my coils for the Outlaw as it is very stable it discriminates spot on it pin points dead center and because of the blade like way it cuts through the ground it does really well in trashy areas. Concentric coils have more of a funnel pattern to them. Some like concentric coils better and some prefer the DD or Wide Scan coils, I prefer the latter myself. I have tested my 7" Wide Scan DD against my standard 8" Concentric coil and found no real noticeable difference in depth between them. With that said my ground is higher in mineralization thus this may make them closer in depth as DD Wide Scan coils generally perform better in higher mineralized ground.

The only thing you can do is give it a try you may like it. There are going to be folks on both sides of the camp when it comes to Wide Scan DD coils and Standard Concentric coils, they both have there place for sure.

Happy Hunting,
mds.gif

Bill G

Attachments

• 7 DD Wide Scan Coil.JPG
    7 DD Wide Scan Coil.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Outlaw Detector.JPG
    Outlaw Detector.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 75

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread