tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Hey,

I haven't done much CRH'ing lately as my funds have been tied up. But today was an exception. Back when I made the announcement about getting the job back on the railroad, someone posted something along the lines of "stopping the train next to a bank". Well, I didn't quite do that today. We (me and my regular Conductor) made the one and a half hour drive to "The Branch". One of the towns we passed through on the way has a one of a kind hot dog shop where you can get a fully loaded hot dog for a buck. But they only take cash and I didn't have any on me.

Well, there just happened to be a bank that I have an account at across the street.

(see where this is going?)

$100 in CWR, $3 from the trays...
skunk

Oh well.

Might as well catch up you guys up on my other hobbies...

Metal Detecting
I've been working a small park here in town for the last few weeks. I have found a small Tupperware container of clad with the oldest being a 1957 Wheatie. But I have found 3 rings so far (2 silver and one costume gold like one). Money may not grow on trees, but it sure is buried underground!

Garage/Yard Sales
Me and 'da Wifey have been getting up at the butt-crack of dawn every Saturday morning. This past weekend was the best so far:

- 1 10K Gold bracelet for $.50!! (2.5 grams worth about 53 bucks!)
- 2 brand new ladies watches made by Rotary for $4 (I hope to get $200 for both of them)
- 2 1950's German-made mantel clocks for $5.50 (I hope to get $60 for both of them)

and finally...

- 1 vintage "Royal York" fine china coffee server for $1 (I hope to get $40 for it)

All in all, things are well here. I hope everyone is doing well also!

H$H!!
TGB

Upvote 0

projJakarta

Jan 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey nice to hear from you. Good job on MD. You may want add Estate auction on your list, too. A friend of mine was able to get some cheap Ag couple weeks ago. That's not his first time. There are a bunch of these auction around here.

OP
OP
tallguybry

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Hey pJ,

I haven't ventured to Estate Sales because 99% of the people running them know what they have and price the items accordingly.

I am seriously considering trying storage locker auctions, but I don't have a truck to tote the contents or enough room to keep everything until I sell it!

H$H!!
TGB

projJakarta

Jan 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I hear you. But hey, it could worth a try. That same buddy of mine told me recently he picked up a gold ring for $400. Got it appraised a week later to find out it's worth around $1500. You never know. He told me the trick was to read the listings not to only look at pictures. He said that's how he got his good deals most of the time.

I'm planning to hit some estate auctions to make up for recent dry spell. Bumping up volume doesn't even help lately. Funny that a bank I went to dump my re-roll dumps recently offered me a teller job on the spot. She said that way I could bring in my dumps all day long. Maybe I should consider it as a PT job on Saturday, LOL. Make $$ while dumping...how 'bout that.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like your style man, treasure is everywhere! Power tools are the best bet at garage sales, you can sell those to pawn shops all day long

OP
OP
tallguybry

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
I like your style man, treasure is everywhere! Power tools are the best bet at garage sales, you can sell those to pawn shops all day long

I didn't think of that.... Thanks for the tip SFB!

H$H!!
TGB

Sirreckless619

Apr 18, 2012
Rhode island
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am seriously considering trying storage locker auctions, but I don't have a truck to tote the contents or enough room to keep everything until I sell it!
[\QUOTE]

That's what I do. There's good money in it if you know what your looking for and I've also found quite a bit of AG and some gold.

OP
OP
tallguybry

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
[\QUOTE]

That's what I do. There's good money in it if you know what your looking for and I've also found quite a bit of AG and some gold.

I might hit you up for some advice Sirreckless. :)

H(Storage Locker)H!!
TGB

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Hey pJ,

I haven't ventured to Estate Sales because 99% of the people running them know what they have and price the items accordingly.

H$H!!
TGB
Nice finds. Have you visited the "Garage Sales Finds" forum on here yet? If not I urge you to stop in and visit.8-) Lots of interesting info. there- Garage Sale Finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread