Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful! I have only ever seen on wild bear around here. Saw him poke his head out of the woods on a main road in the next town. Very memorable sighting. Deer are everywhere around here now so much so that they don't run when they see you and even my Golden Retriever is so jaded he can't bother to chase them :laughing7:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
LOOKS LIKE BIG WHINNIE POOH SAID NO DETECTING FOR YOU. NEW HUNTING PAL ?

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Love your bear pics! :icon_thumright: I've met several bears in Virginia mountains & New Mexico mountains where we used to live, and I'm sure I was seen by even more. They liked me, lol. Black & Cinnamon bears don't usually cause problems unless you're in an area where the bears are used to people feeding them, in which case, stay away. Bears and mountain lions can outrun us all, so forget about running away. Andi

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love bear watching more than any other animal. We have many around here and I am usually fortunate enough to see them at least once per year.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like an Adolescent Cub , What a special day you had - treasure of a different kind !

Based on it's size compared to the trash can, it is not an Adolescent Cub. It is a young Bear however and is probably only 3 to possibly 4 years old and likely weighs between 200 and 250 pounds. I have encountered many Black Bear, been charged twice by Sows with Cubs, took a young 150+ pound male (Boar) with a hunting bow after it decided to climb the tree I was in and once had a massive 650 to 700 pound Black Bear come within 30 yards of the tree that I had my' treestand in many years ago in West Virginia and it hung around for more than an hour. I was bow hunting and thought that I was going to have to shoot it but was really afraid to do so, in fear that the Bear might smell, hear or see me and that my' arrow might not do the job on such a massive Black Bear.

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Raver

Greenie
Jul 13, 2015
Lake Tahoe
Detector(s) used
BH 1100 // SS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe
You try that **** up here Frank and you will probably be chased out of here (at the least).....We are in their territory. A tree stand? Really? Why not go to the supermarket?
Not going to answer for Frank but, I don't think they allow hunting at the supermarket. Also, What you got against tree stands?

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
***Updated***

Not going to answer for Frank but, I don't think they allow hunting at the supermarket. Also, What you got against tree stands?

Thanks mxtman2! I don't understand nor appreciate the smart comment and tone of the reply by Raver and what's up with the ****!! The one and only Black Bear that I ever harvested would have lived a lot longer if he had not tried to climb the tree that I was in. I don't trophy hunt and only hunt for meat and a Black Bear or any Bear for that matter is the last choice that I would ever make if it was a case of needing food or starving to death. They are one of the most foul smelling animals on this earth both inside and out and their meat takes special preparation before it is even halfway edible. Besides, you will never find Black Bear meat in any supermarket. Also, I use Loggy Bayou Climbing Treestands that do little if any harm to any tree that I use them on. A treestand gives Bowhunters an advantage of concealment over trying to stalk game on the ground. If Raver is against hunting, then I say that when Deer, Elk, Bear, Wild Hogs and other wild game and other animals are dying of starvation and the disease it brings on to herds because of lack of food due to over population which results from the interference from Anti-Hunting/Animal Rights Groups, then these groups and folks should be held responsible for the feeding and care of these animals. Hunters do more for conservation of wild game, other animals, birds, waterfowl and the purchase and protection of game lands, preserves and wet lands in one year, than Anti-Hunting/Animal Rights Groups do in 10 years or more. Fees are taken from every hunting and fishing license sold, every firearm purchase and every ammunition purchase to provide for these and many hunters and fisherman also donate time and more money as well towards these causes. I began hunting with my Dad when I was 6 years old, am now 62 years old and I will continue to hunt as long as my' body will allow me to do so!

Frank

***Update***

I just wanted to let everyone know that everything is all good! Raver PM'ed me to apologize and stated that he was just being sarcastic and did not mean anything by the reply. Not knowing his intent at the time, I admitted that I went a little overboard on my reply and hope he and everyone else can forgive my transgression!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions