A different tune

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I met up with Jamie1993 at a school where a house used to be. Didn't expect much because it seemed that the field was leveled with fill dirt. After hitting a few clad coins and a BUNCH of canslaw, I got a solid 62-64 VDI on my AT Pro. Of course I had to dig it, and I popped this flat piece of metal out of the ground. Thought to myself "defeated again by a piece of slaw" but after a good firm rub I realized it was a harmonica reed! My first reed, and it's complete! This year has been amazing to me so far. Haven't been out much but almost every time I get out, I get something to check off that list!
I also found a 1982 Hot Wheels Cobra and what seems to be a piece of a turn of the century axle (maybe) and some type of clamp? Not sure if it was for some type of fencing, wagon, farm equipment... I'm at a loss with that.
Thanks for reading and cheers! Swing it, Dig it! :occasion14:
IMG_1735.JPG IMG_1737.JPG
image.jpg
Here's my canslaw collected.
image.jpg

Upvote 12

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got a harmonica reed. I've dug a bunch but, mostly broken pieces. It is kinda nice finding them intact. They do ring quite well on tectors. Love your can slaw pic. Keeping it real. Been literally hauling 100's of pounds of iron from corn fields this spring. I know what an axehead looks like but, identifying a lot of the rusty iron is pretty tricky for me. BTW, dig your headlamp avatar mate. I love night hunting in the summertime. Peaceful and quite. Only the darn bugs buzzing the light that annoys me. Peace.

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congratulations on the dollar bill! Wow, there's no sign of any oxidation on it! I wonder what that baby's worth?

OP
OP
HunterMF

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the dollar bill! Wow, there's no sign of any oxidation on it! I wonder what that baby's worth?

Thanks Patriot! It rang up as paper on my machine and I did some research on it. I think it's worth about a dollar. :laughing7:
Congrats! Keep swinging!:icon_thumright:

Thanks Doc!

OP
OP
HunterMF

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got a harmonica reed. I've dug a bunch but, mostly broken pieces. It is kinda nice finding them intact. They do ring quite well on tectors. Love your can slaw pic. Keeping it real. Been literally hauling 100's of pounds of iron from corn fields this spring. I know what an axehead looks like but, identifying a lot of the rusty iron is pretty tricky for me. BTW, dig your headlamp avatar mate. I love night hunting in the summertime. Peaceful and quite. Only the darn bugs buzzing the light that annoys me. Peace.

Thanks Kurios! I've dug a lot of garbage but that's how you find the good stuff! I was actually in a crawl space with a headlamp on in that pic haha. I haven't tried night hunting but I definitely want to! Cheers! :occasion14:

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"LMAO (paper)"!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread