A few more

PennyG

Apr 21, 2014
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have these. Haven't really done my research on why these particular ones were saved. My grandmother enjoyed keeping and collecting coins and paper currency.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475009386.199561.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475009401.225324.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475009488.440586.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475009504.293987.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475009518.137022.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475009534.992406.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475009545.486139.jpg

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
To all you *Star Note experts, please take note of the One Dollar star note in the second picture, second bill down. Why is the STAR at the beginning of the serial #? I thought the star symbol was always at the end of the sequence? Comments. By the way, nice collection of odd paper notes.

OP
OP
PennyG

PennyG

Apr 21, 2014
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To all you *Star Note experts, please take note of the One Dollar star note in the second picture, second bill down. Why is the STAR at the beginning of the serial #? I thought the star symbol was always at the end of the sequence? Comments. By the way, nice collection of odd paper notes.

Thank you. I knew the dollar bill looked different but had no idea why. I'm in the early learning stages on currency.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FRN's will have * after s/n, all other notes have * before s/n.QUOTE=Dozer D;5136885]To all you *Star Note experts, please take note of the One Dollar star note in the second picture, second bill down. Why is the STAR at the beginning of the serial #? I thought the star symbol was always at the end of the sequence? Comments. By the way, nice collection of odd paper notes.[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
PennyG

PennyG

Apr 21, 2014
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just realized one of the one dollar bills says 'One Silver Dollar' . Silver certificate.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
PennyG: save the Silver Cert bill, might be worth something down the road.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To all you *Star Note experts, please take note of the One Dollar star note in the second picture, second bill down. Why is the STAR at the beginning of the serial #? I thought the star symbol was always at the end of the sequence? Comments. By the way, nice collection of odd paper notes.[/QUOT1957B]

Blue seal star notes were printed in the quantity of 49.28 million that year and that series.
That particular note is worth, at retail, $3-$5.

I could identify your other notes and give values if I had more time.

Are they for sale?

Best Wishes,

Scott

Last edited:
OP
OP
PennyG

PennyG

Apr 21, 2014
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just looked back at your pics & all three one dollar bills are SILVER CERTS. Lucky you.

Thank you . Was seriously thinking of selling these. I hate to but times are a bit tough for me and my little boy.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you . Was seriously thinking of selling these. I hate to but times are a bit tough for me and my little boy.

And...What you bid?

Scott

My older Sister's name is Penny...Perhaps I'll be gentle.....Perhaps not.....

You want to sell, I want to buy....

Let's work a deal.....

Scott

Last edited:
OP
OP
PennyG

PennyG

Apr 21, 2014
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no clue what any of its worth. I tried looking around , there seems to be similar but not exact bills out there, and almost too much information . One site said if I have a fractional 25 note with the surcharge number on the back to take picture and send it to them to see the value.
And...What you bid?

Scott

My older Sister's name is Penny...Perhaps I'll be gentle.....Perhaps not.....

You want to sell, , I want to buy....

Let's work a deal.....

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no clue what any of its worth. I tried looking around , there seems to be similar but not exact bills out there, and almost too much information . One site said if I have a fractional 25 note with the surcharge number on the back to take picture and send it to them to see the value.

I'll start by offering $10 for all.
And $10 for food and clothing. $20 total.
And $5 because your name is Penny. $25.

Scott

Last edited:
OP
OP
PennyG

PennyG

Apr 21, 2014
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll start by offering $10 for all.
And $10 for food and clothing. $20 total.
And $5 because your name is Penny. $25.

Scott

Just noticed this reply, my apologies.
I'll get back with you in the a.m.
Is your sisters name short for Penelope?

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just noticed this reply, my apologies.
I'll get back with you in the a.m.
Is your sisters name short for Penelope?

No.

Just Penny....

If you want to further discuss a sale, please PM me.

Hope you are well.

Best Wishes,

Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread