Apr 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
i think yo uare going about this wrong. Usually you know why you are hunting before you start. You don't start hunting and then figure out why. If you want to keep and sell coppers, do that. IF you want to search wheats, do that.

I assume you are hand sorting. $70 will take a while to go through. Migth want to start with less and see if you even enjoy it or not.

Sell your stuff to whoever will pay the most (after factoring in the hassle of that method). Your milage may vary.

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Pro-Pointer AT, Stealth 720i Hybrid
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am going to be buying 70.00$ worth of pennies from the bank tomorrow I just had a few questions first

1. your dump bank should be different than your buy bank right?
2. should I keep all the coppers and sell them or just look for wheats and other rare pennies?
3. if i do sell the copper pennys whats the best place to sell them?

Thanks!

It's more of what you like collecting and the enjoyment you get from doing it....not so much for making a profit, especially with pennies. Don't get me wrong, you may get lucky and find a very rare coin that's worth a lot of money, but it's very unlikely. Best of luck with your $70 worth of pennies.

Trav

OP
OP
M

MoneyBags

Apr 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I already did 20.00$ worth and I keept all the coppers so I think I will just keep all the coppers and see what else I find any 182+ dates I should keep an eye out for?

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I already did 20.00$ worth and I keept all the coppers so I think I will just keep all the coppers and see what else I find any 182+ dates I should keep an eye out for?

No, any errors you should keep, no matter what year. And I assume you meant 1982.

OP
OP
M

MoneyBags

Apr 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
No, any errors you should keep, no matter what year. And I assume you meant 1982.

yes i did sorry how can i tell if its an error though?

also I was thinking about having my dump bank and my pickup bank like 2 mins away from each other is this bad if they are too close?

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes i did sorry how can i tell if its an error though?

also I was thinking about having my dump bank and my pickup bank like 2 mins away from each other is this bad if they are too close?

You have to buy the Red Book, get a giant magifying glass, and look over every spec of every coin you have ever touched.

Or, you just realize that their are common types of errors, and errors on certain mints, and years of coins, and concentrait there.

why don't you google your questions

OP
OP
M

MoneyBags

Apr 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I was thinking about having my dump bank and my pickup bank like 2 mins away from each other is this bad if they are too close?

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I was thinking about having my dump bank and my pickup bank like 2 mins away from each other is this bad if they are too close?

It doesn't matter really. They may use the same supplier, but with small volume, there is no impact. It just isn't good to have you dump and pick-up bank be the same because you would overload the tellers and may get your own coins back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread