a first today

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice!
Never found a Canadian half.
I got a brinks box today...the only keep was a Canadian $2 coin.
A "toonie" I guess lol
HH

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
You think you are snowed in? Why don't you see what the Canadian prairies are like for snow.
So did you find the coin in a roll? I think the fifty cent piece had the best design because the Canadian coat of arms is so detailed and just a great image overall but the more recent design of the 50 cent piece I think was ruined in 1994. It's not a real special coin but all the same they are hard enough to come by even up here so nice find.

OP
OP
AGBlex

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cassie got it from a teller tray i've never seen it before. well only online. had no idea on the size. but it was a first and for 50 cents! we'll take it haha:) and as for the snow. i hear ya. its not fun wherever it is

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on the canadian half dollar, those are nice, I've never found one in circulation! HH

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
That Canadian Guy said:
I think the fifty cent piece had the best design because the Canadian coat of arms is so detailed and just a great image overall but the more recent design of the 50 cent piece I think was ruined in 1994.

I also think it is a nice design. I have two, a 2011 half that I got a part of the mint set, and a 1965 half that I bought at an estate sale for 50 cents (now $9-$10 of silver :headbang:)

OP
OP
AGBlex

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sagittarius98 said:
That Canadian Guy said:
I think the fifty cent piece had the best design because the Canadian coat of arms is so detailed and just a great image overall but the more recent design of the 50 cent piece I think was ruined in 1994.

I also think it is a nice design. I have two, a 2011 half that I got a part of the mint set, and a 1965 half that I bought at an estate sale for 50 cents (now $9-$10 of silver :headbang:)

definate win nice score!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
AGBlex said:
sagittarius98 said:
That Canadian Guy said:

definate win nice score!

It was part of a lot of coins, 2nd highlight was a dateless shield nickel (later put it in vinegar and got the date of 1883)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread