kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, it's finally here! I had written recently in another thread about a great deal on a Stanley Camp Axe. The other thread is full of awesome, older tools posted by billjustbill, and my post is #27, found here, and has links to the 3 axes found online:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garage-sale-finds/511296-another-adventure-old-tools-bucket-2.html

The lowest price I could find on the same vintage axe online was $45, another at $49.50, and one lunatic listed one at $288!! Those were the ONLY such axes I could find online, so made my day even more wonderful! Yes, a little rust on the blade, but nothing major. Axe is in really good shape, all things considered.

The other item is one my wife picked up out of the Freebie box at the same consignment store where I got the axe. The lamp is about 9" tall without the finial, and is made of very thick and heavy glass! Still trying to wrap my head around why this little lamp was thrown out in a freebie box, but there was also a 5-place dish setting that is selling new online for $60. All 5 pieces are in mint condition! ...Let's see, also got 25 (I think) little tiny water guns in packages, and I can't remember what all else was out there. The Freebie box, alone, was a small gold mine! :occasion14:

Then to make the day even better, we had to stop at our local ACE Hardware. They had a small portable building set up outside the store - the same building they use for their garden center each Spring. Inside were lots of items on clearance. Everything was 90% off!! So we picked up a few items, then hurried off to the hospital, as the wife had to have a procedure done. Everything went well, so afterwards, she wanted to stop at Ace again. We bought a bit more.

A couple days later, we ended up having to go to town AGAIN!! This would be our last day to rummage through the discounted items. As of Sunday (now yesterday), anything not sold was thrown in their dumpster out back. So, we decided this was our chance to get started on eBay, so we went a little crazy. Ended up filling the truck inside and out! All told, we bought what "would" have been about $5,000 worth of merchandise, but paid 10¢ on the dollar!! Light bulbs that retailed for $35, we got for $3.50. Brass check valves that retail for $60, we picked up for $6.00. Winter is almost here. Will probably be cold (as usual :tongue3:), so we bought them out on their hockey socks; adult, youth and child's sizes. Each pair retailed at $12.99 - we paid $1.30. We can use them for our legs, for our arms if we want to, and the wife was even thinking about making some into doggie sweaters to sell. ...I can't even get started on all the things bought there - it was so much that their register was having a nervous breakdown! :laughing7: Brass fittings, LED lights, jigsaw blades, drill bits, electrical, caulk, shelf brackets and related, sand paper, planer blades, shower and sink stuff....the list goes on and on (and on and on and on!!).

Anyway, here's a few pics of the axe and the lamp. Hope you enjoy!!

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread