A "good" first

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
A "good" first

Well I lay brick for a living and I had a job downtown coming up. So last night I drove by to check out the progress and what do you know, they are tearing up the whole sidewalk. So today I make sure I get over there about 4 so I can't beat anyone else who's going after work. I found a bunch of junk & rust. But since I've been detecting I've never found any coins older than a 1967 quarter. Well I'm taking my time going thru all the trashy signals and I get a solid nickel. So I dig it up and what do you know my oldest coin yet an 1867 shield nickel! It's in rough shape but who cares. Also found what looked like a button. Came home soaked it in water and was surprised to see "PAT. MAR 10 1868". So that was cool. I sure wish they would tear more sidewalks up. This town is covered in concrete so there's no telling what you might find.......

Attachments

• IMG_1369.JPG
    IMG_1369.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 353
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 354

06colorado

Feb 14, 2009
West/Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty HUnter Quick Draw 2
Re: A "good" first

Nice find, want to go in 1/2s on a jack-hammer and tear up the downtown sidewalks? Just kidding, dont feel like goin to jail

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Re: A "good" first

Nice finds! The nickel looks good for it being buried so long. What city are you in? Keep it up, HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread