A legion of pull tabs, 14k earring, 1951 Rosie, change and emerald?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got home and I can't move. Went to four beaches in two states. Two in MD, two in Delaware. In Md got the Rosie on high ground, a small 14k earring just above the low tide mark (beach) and a legion of pull tabs and some clad. Plus a couple sinkers.

Went into Delaware and got a few coins and sinkers, an ancient brass or copper stud, ships' plating piece, and what may be two emeralds washed up from a shipwreck. Gotta look at them in the daylight tomorrow. Not sure at this time. Parts of the coast have rip rap at jetties and the green rocks could be something else.

Upvote 11

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Persistence! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard headed. I'll get pics up sometime tomorrow. Hours of digging and more hours of driving. Will need to test the green rocks. Might be 2 different kinds.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like you did Great, One thing about this Hobby, You get back but you sure have to do the time.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't do the time, you're done.

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Smokes...show us the emeralds! Hope they are legit. Lucky you! Congrats. -Lisa & John

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be ecstatic and unable to sleep but I understand being worn out. I hope they are legit. Congrats on the road trip and fun!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just put the Rosie down, now am probably sitting on it, so here's a pic of a new Merc I just got. Also the emerald and the 14k earring. Also a wonderful 18th century hand made ships' nail. Round head, square body and a small "washer" on the end of it. Got some ships' brass plating pieces, other coins and stuff. Including sea glass. TWO hard days of digging. Didn't take pics of the pull tabs. Sorry The 2nd emerald is nothing. It was a few pieces of quartz (tiny) cemented on a greenish matrix. IMG_1085.JPG IMG_1086.JPG IMG_1089.JPG IMG_1091.JPG Of course the cell phone puts them upside down. My digital microscope BROKE TODAY. Doom is here! BTW the emerald is real, scratches glass. VERY small though, the nail is MUCH larger.

Last edited:
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got the (upside down) pics!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I can understand the jewelry, and the ships' nail, and a merc from another site inland, but what about a tiny emerald from the BEACH? Near the MD Delaware state line on the Atlantic. Shipwreck? Lots of them around. Someone's fairly recent drop? Lots of tourists. Something deposited downstream from the Delaware river? Ice takes stuff hundreds of miles, there are beryl deposits about 100 miles north of there up river. It's really small, about 1/4". I was looking for small blue sea glass when I found it in a gravel bar. Didn't find blue glass.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread