Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
50F Sunny, breeze blowing.
Field calls, I went.
Few finds from old permission and this pops up at the end of a 3hr play.
The Mrs asked "Did you get the stopper?"
Oops!
20230401_150816.jpg
20230402_100724.jpg

The seem runs up to the lower ring of the neck. A possible perfume bottle.
20230402_100737.jpg

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks
Just a surprise as I haven't had one pop up in this field before. Lots of glass while digging, but this escaped the tillage over the past century.
A large part of my satisfaction with digging is all the questionS I think of when I find something new to me Some time ago I located a small bottle dump on the edge of a 4 acre woodlot I dug and found some items that where maybe 70 to 90 years old then the owner had the woodlot clear cut and it grew back so thick that I was not able to find the dump anymore I finally relocated ii and found a few more old bottles All the while I was thinking it was a spot that someone had use as a dump at one time Then for some reason I took my metal detector with me I found about 6 horse shoes two log splitting wedges A cant hook (log rolling tool )and an ax head .So after many years of digging I came to the thought it must have been some type of barracks or buildings for a work crew that stayed there from time to time while either cutting trees for the owner that was building a house or barn or else the crew was working in the area digging shale stone to use as foundations There is evidence that there was an extensive amount of stone removed nearby Nice find And I bet there are a lot more somewhere close to where you found the one pictured

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love it, Pepperj! A nice addition to your collection!
Thanks WD, it was a surprise from the possible trash pit in the field.
(Just need to charge up the batteries in the body to do a dig down to see)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions