Canuck

Aug 2, 2012
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A little bit of everything highbanker

Well I finally had time to finish off my highbanker this weekend. It was mostly just plumbing in the fluid bed but it seems tough to find time to finish off my projects this year. The sluice box is 14" wide and 6' long to the end of the fluid bed. I have 3/4" expanded metal at the top with a section of gold well in the middle followed by 3/8" expanded on the bottom. Then the whole sluice dumps into the fluid bed and exits out the end. The hopper is 34" long and has a 3/16" gap between the grizzly bars. Now if the rivers would thaw out enough up here I could go and test her out. I also want to say thanks to Goodyguy, his threads on fluid beds really helped me out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Canuck

Aug 2, 2012
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice job! BEAT THE RUSH ! Time to bust some ice and try it out!

Thanks russau. It was a good fun building it and I learned a lot in the process. In the end it probably cost me more to build rather than buying one, but this way I could add anything I wanted. I was out last weekend to have a look and there's still 16 inches of ice on the river and gravel bars. I'm hoping the warmer weather for the next couple of weeks will start the thaw. If not the fever will be so strong that I will be able to lay on the ice and melt it myself.

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
nice looking rig, I feel for you guys, had my 3" sneak dredge out playing last month on those couple warm days, the water was bearable with neoprene chest waders and long arm gloves

what are the specs on your fluid bed section?

OP
OP
C

Canuck

Aug 2, 2012
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
nice looking rig, I feel for you guys, had my 3" sneak dredge out playing last month on those couple warm days, the water was bearable with neoprene chest waders and long arm gloves

what are the specs on your fluid bed section?

It won't be long for us now. The weather has been real nice and the rivers are starting to melt. The fluid bed is 14" wide x 12" long x 3" high. I'm running 3/4" PVC with 3/32 holes drilled in the bottom.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread