A little Christmas magic

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
Went to a GW I frequent.
Today they had a ton of stuff to put out.
Was digging around for a while in the bends that they had just brought out from the back. Didn’t find much.
But found these piggy banks. I picked it up to look at it and heard some rattling inside. I knew it was coins. I opened it up from the bottom and saw a couple pennies, but also saw a half dollar.
I pulled it out and knew it was silver! Sure enough. 1964!!!!!!!!!!!
It was the last place I expected to find a silver coin!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1545704317.990056.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1545704333.572495.jpg

Then went to the back of the store. I spotted a piece of glass to had an “older” look, IMO.
It’s very pretty. Has a couple chips at the top, but I still bought it.
I think it may have been in an antique store before?
It has a couple stickers on the bottom that say,

“National Glass Co. 1900”
&
“Nestor Spooner cir. 1900”

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1545704391.941519.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1545704470.030567.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1545704484.814444.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice save on the silver, that style is generally called "emerald glass" and can be collectable
HH
-GC

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This couple that are friends of ours the wife is a collector of that kind of green glass. When I first saw her collection in her China cabinet I told her that some of her pieces will glow under a black light. She'd never heard of that before, as she just had a fascination of green glass. She got a black light and found she had several pieces that would glow. To me that uranium glass displayed under a blacklight looks pretty cool. I've always wanted to get a display case of certain natural rocks and minerals that would do the same thing someday, but like anything I think about collecting I probably never will.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Right place. Right time. Congratulations :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
hughmaster10

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
This couple that are friends of ours the wife is a collector of that kind of green glass. When I first saw her collection in her China cabinet I told her that some of her pieces will glow under a black light. She'd never heard of that before, as she just had a fascination of green glass. She got a black light and found she had several pieces that would glow. To me that uranium glass displayed under a blacklight looks pretty cool. I've always wanted to get a display case of certain natural rocks and minerals that would do the same thing someday, but like anything I think about collecting I probably never will.

That’s pretty cool! Thanks for the tip!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunk of silver

Top Member Reactions