A little exciting..

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to drop off the rest of my bags today from this week at my main dump bank. The lead teller (or business account teller) finally asks me straight up if I am looking for silver after many dump sessions at this bank. Usually I will :thumb_down: all inquiries as to why I have thousands of dollars in coin, but I told the truth and said yes. He then proceeded to tell me how he has a good amount of older half dollars "some dated 1962 and 1964," and how he has had them forever and doesn't care for them at all. He said he would bring them in so I can buy them when I go into dump on Monday. I don't remember exactly what he said as he is middle eastern and is kind of hard to understand, but I think he said $1 each. I think I might have hit the jackpot!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
:::ding ding ding ding ding!!!::: That was the slot machine going off. Keep us posted...

rex

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that sounds like an ok deal to me. good luck.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good luck... be a good man and at least offer him $2 or $2.50. I would do that because not only are the coins worth way more, the relationship will last longer!
HH
Buff

OP
OP
crhstreetwalker

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
good luck... be a good man and at least offer him $2 or $2.50. I would do that because not only are the coins worth way more, the relationship will last longer!
HH
Buff

I was kind of thinking that. We'll see what he brings in on Monday!

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bring a magnet and a small pocket scale just to make sure you're not buying lead.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol that would be funny having a bank teller sell you fake coins

OP
OP
crhstreetwalker

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Or the good ol' ping test. I don't think you can recreate the sound of silver.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol that would be funny having a bank teller sell you fake coins

That just happened to me, got a pewter barber.

I would avoid any too obvious fake testing methods, you don't want to offend the guy. Just give 'em a good glance and maybe pling 'em with your finger a few times to make sure they sound like silver. Even right before you go in, in the car pling (by this i mean flick em with your thumb so they twirl in the air) a clad and a silver back to back a few times so you won't have to compare it to the clad inside

OP
OP
crhstreetwalker

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
So, I go into dump by bags today, and the lead teller who was supposed to bring in his coins to show me forgets to. I then proceed to ask if he could bring them in next time, and he just kind of smiled and didn't say anything. Haha whatever, go figure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread