Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had acquired permission last year to hunt a piece of property that once had a mobile home on it and prior to that was a old house that I barely remember from my younger days. Heck, I barely remember yesterday ;D ( got that joke out of the way before someone chimes in :tongue3: )

I had taken the V3i there last summer and had one heck of a time hunting this lot as there was just to much EMI and a whole lot of trash from 2 previous homesteads.

First signal I dug was a Hotwheels car then the clad and junk started coming around. Think I netted 30 some cents altogether.

Got out to where I thought the front of the original house sat and got a good reading and found my oldest coin to date. 1864 Indian Penny.

I soaked it in peroxide as it was hard to read the date.

Hope everyone is able to get out this week as the temps are supposed to be in the 60's

Thanks for reading and good hunting
DJH

Attachments

• 1864 Indiana Obverse.jpg
    1864 Indiana Obverse.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 162
  • 1864 Indian Reverse.jpg
    1864 Indian Reverse.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 164

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the IH and your oldest, thats also my oldest an 1864 IH. I do have a fatty I've found that might be older but couldn't get a date off that one so I'm not sure. HH

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Hey DJH, my first injun was a 64. Nice, very nice. :thumbsup: jgas

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tmanfromtexas said:
Nice find DJH!!! Glad to see you are back with the real detector. LOL. What ever happened to that park we hunted last year? Did it ever open up for hunting? TMAN...
I bet you still haven't turned yours on since you got back to the Lonestar state have you?

jgas said:
Hey DJH, my first injun was a 64. Nice, very nice. :thumbsup: jgas
I looked for the "L" on it, but it's so corroded that if it were there I couldn't see it.
You should be just about digging those pits aren't you?

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Yep, getting the stuff ready for the pit digs. Just went out today and located 5 pits to add to the 3 others we will be doing soon. I hope the weather changes for the better though, this cold and snow stuff is really quite annoying! >:( Goodlucj out there Pal. jgas

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
NICE dig!!!!!!! When are we all getting together for a group hunt? believe it or not, I kinda miss youse guys :laughing7:

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vibes said:
NICE dig!!!!!!! When are we all getting together for a group hunt? believe it or not, I kinda miss youse guys :laughing7:
Thanks Vibes and back at ya' with your recent digs as well

I figured we were are the ignore list :tongue3:

Group hunts are around the corner. I struck out on 1 good lead and will explain that sometime later down the road. The other lead may be a dead end with housing developed on it, so I'm at a loss right at the present moment. Was trying to find something without having to invade the parks. If and when something comes along, I'll shoot a PM.

L8r

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions