A little silver on the way to Orlando!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what I found on the way up there. I would love to stop at more then one thrift store, these were five dollars each. The spoon is marked on the back of it hestens Norway. The Tongs are marked L. W. H. On the inside. And then a number I believe it's 8305. Or 830S?

image-1847412013.jpg

image-2833068687.jpg

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what I found on the way up there. I would love to stop at more then one thrift store, these were five dollars each. The spoon is marked on the back of it hestens Norway. The Tongs are marked L. W. H. On the inside. And then a number I believe it's 8305. Or 830S?

View attachment 962689

View attachment 962690

It's funny I just read your post about going on vacation earlier today and thought to myself I wonder if he'll be hitting sales on the way.. :P

Nice pieces - I like the style of the tongs.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's funny I just read your post about going on vacation earlier today and thought to myself I wonder if he'll be hitting sales on the way.. :P Nice pieces - I like the style of the tongs.
Any self respecting picker has to hit some kind of sale while on vacation. How could you not! :laughing7:

Beachkid... very nice finds for a thrift store, was it a chain store?

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is what I call a vacation! Always on the lookout. Gosh, our habits! LOL! My husband kicks me every time I want to stop on vacation! Very nice finds.
apush

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any self respecting picker has to hit some kind of sale while on vacation. How could you not! :laughing7:

Beachkid... very nice finds for a thrift store, was it a chain store?

No, it was like an antique/ thrift/ junk store. I think a lot of different people had different cases kinda Like an antique mall but not nearly as nice. Really almost like a indoor flea market. Near Sarasota hidden treasures I believe. Last time there i bought 2 rolls of standing liberty quarters at spot, all dated. 1925-1930.

On Friday my sis flies in at 11 am. So I'm going go get her so I can look for yard sales prior. Hehe. Then meet everyone at the park or pool. Whatever.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Any self respecting picker has to hit some kind of sale while on vacation. How could you not! :laughing7: Beachkid... very nice finds for a thrift store, was it a chain store?

My wife has a rule for me. We have to be more than an hour from home and if so I can visit 1 store per day for picking.

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Out standing score Thats a way cool spoon ! I like the sugar tongs too. I feel bad for everybody that only gets 1 stop per vacation. Mrs.Villa-v is an artist so we stop anyplace the has cool, old or funky stuff for sale. It may take a little longer to get where we are going and there is little to no room left in the SUV but thats 1/2 the fun :laughing7:

bubba4289

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to Orlando and went picking every morning. Ended up with a ton of silver. Keep it up! Not many pick at the local ts in Orlando.

idarf

Feb 4, 2024
Hello Beachkid23!
I picked a pair of silver sugartongs marked "L. W. H." and "830S" in a thriftshop in Oslo in July 2023. They seem to be identical to the ones you found on your way to Orlando in 2014.
I was wondering, do you have any more information about the tongs or the maker "L. W. H"?

Attachments

• sugar-tongs-LWH.jpg
    sugar-tongs-LWH.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread