a new interpretation of " fiat currency"

kaiser613

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't find a place on here for rants and I will apologize if there is one and I missed it, but this was the next best thing, unfortunately I don't think it will be very popular since this is for paper money collectors, ive been thinking allot about how the dollar has been debased through history, most notable by Roosevelt and have been pondering the definition of fiat currency in the case of the usd, most people word it as : the dollar is backed by the faith in the authority of the us gov" but I think I came up with a more accurate definition.

" the us dollar is backed by the holders confidence that the national guard has the power and authority to take from you anything they want and, if necessary, kill, anyone who dares deny the value of us paper money and attempts to establish commodity backed currency of greater authority or value"

waddya think? its just a first draft I will definitely refine it later but I want to see if yall agree

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to be dead on. We were doing so well when we had the gold standard backing the dollar and because poor countries who didn't have gold stayed in the gutter and who came to their rescue,we did. We always come to the rescue at great sacrifice and yet those we help hate us. We forgive debts owed to us, those we owe won't forgive, we keep handing money out to ppl that would take the check and stab us at the same time. Now what is our dollar based on...lies. I don't think we will ever recover, I can't see how its just mathematically impossible,but your right guns aimed at you will make you agree to the most insane things.

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

OP
OP
kaiser613

kaiser613

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what do you think about the end I think it needs to be worded differently

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That second part is a little confusing, especially the first sentence about the holders confidence then into national guard...seems kind of contradictory. Do you see it? I like the overall meaning but that second part is twisted a little, needs tuning.

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions