A nice IHP, pile of clad, 11 wheats, and some artifacts

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a compilation of several short hunts over the last couple of days. Not much to write home about. $3.88 in clad, a nice 1902 IHP, 11 wheat pennies dated from 1911 to 1958. The shiny ones had to IMG_0296.JPG IMG_0297.JPG IMG_0299.JPG IMG_0300.JPG IMG_0301.JPG IMG_0302.JPG have electrolysis to even tell what they were. The ground they came out of destroys copper and I couldn't even identify what they were with normal cleaning methods. They were toasted to begin with, so nothing ventured, nothing gained. The artifact picture has 2 rifle casings, 32-40, and 45-70 calibers. The round tag is a coal miners tag found at my wife's grandmothers old homestead. She raised a herd of kids and the boys all worked the coal mines. They all died of blacklung and cancer, from Radon gas and coal dust. The next 3 items are whatsit items and any thoughts would be helpful. The miniature pick head is an exact duplicate of a full size pick. The old green marble was in a hole with a wheat penny and I believe it is really old. The ring is an Avon junker. Last but not least is a 1948 Huntingdon, Pa dog license. If I showed all the junk that was dug during these hunts it would be a huge pile. Happy hunting and keep on swinging.

Upvote 14

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can match your clad for the last 3 days.........after that there are absolutely NO similarities!!
Congrats on the IHP and Wheats.........the marble is interesting........
Those relics say ya got some good grounds to hunt.........keep it goin'!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions