Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out Saturday for a 5 hour hunt with xGregx to Area Dirty-1.

Boy did the morning start out cold. It was 29 degrees when we exited the truck and the frost started forming on the coil almost instantly, it was that cold.

It seemed like it took forever for it to warm up and about as long for the targets to appear.

We had hunted this particular piece of property last year a couple of times and pulled some silver here and there, so we knew it still would produce.

I ended up with the '37 buffalo Nickle being the first coin and probably is my best looking dug nickle, as it doesn't have that red coloring like some of the others I've dug in the past.
Got a '51 and '54 Rosie, a '41 Wheat and a 191? Wheat, plus some clad and the usual junk that I didn't include in the photo.

It was a slow going day, but was nice to get out and hunt.

Hope everyone got to play in the dirt this past weekend and hope to see your finds.

Thanks for looking
DJH

Attachments

• H S Camp 3-19-2011 B.jpg
    H S Camp 3-19-2011 B.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 191

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Nice cluster of coinage. I will post soon I hope...The Bottles are calling me!!!!! :thumbsup: jgas

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt, congrats on the silver.

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rc2125 said:
Nice buffalo there!
Thanks Ryan,

You need to get the Etrac out and dust it off man :laughing7:

I'm glad I went back to the Minelab, it's a blast and I have more fun with it than I did with the "V" :icon_thumleft:

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got it out today, it still works, had a few :icon_scratch: moments, but it'll all come back to me. Got most of the tools rounded up, might even go poke around by the cove tomorrow, looks like they scraped off some top-fill down to some older ground in a few spots. Gotta try and bust into the 1800's this season!
Was working at holy-cross/ndu the other day. Got teased with old photos and maps dating back to 1799, really got me primed to dig out the detector! Learned some neat tid bits of history after talking with a genealogy professor for a short while. Gotta be the spot of all spots around here!

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rc2125 said:
Got it out today, it still works, had a few :icon_scratch: moments, but it'll all come back to me.

Yeah, I know what you mean about having a few moments before it comes back.

When I got the Etrac out for its maiden voyage hunt, I went to reach for the pinpoint trigger on it, then I realized it wasn't a Whites machine :BangHead:

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Silver is a beautiful thing:)

And RC2125...I hit that area (by the cove)...it produced a few goodies but be prepared for a whole lotta crud. I know jerseydevil pulled out an old coin and I found a "naughty" token around the Jewish Temple.

HH my Hoosier buds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread