Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My day began with a trip to my LCS. I took a portion of my 2016 clad monies and purchased Eagles for 5 grandkids, 1 great-grandkid and myself. I also filled a spot in my Barber dime collection.

0119 2016 Clad to Silver.jpg

After running some household errands, I finally shook off 2+ weeks of inactivity and broke out the search and rescue equipment.........I was the one rescued today.........I spent an hour at a new permission, an hour at an old permission and 20 minutes at a tot lot...........

0119 Keepers.jpg

This has to rank up there with one of my better silver days........2 War nickels ('44P, '45P), a '47 Rosie and a small sterling charm...........
The Wheat is a 35 and is the 6th on the year. I found 5 on Jan. 3rd when I hunted my childhood home (a one time permission).

0103 Keepers.jpg

I only managed a small part of the yard, but did pull one of my boyhood toys.........the hammer head!!

As always, thanks for lookin' in and hope your weather is kind to your hunting efforts................

Upvote 15
OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had an excellent day.
Congrats on the silver purchases, the silver finds, and just getting out.
I also like the Tootsie Toy.

Thanks, atw.......Never figured to find multiple silvers on a day when I purchased multiple silvers........maybe there's a message in there??
I've been fortunate to find lots of interesting 20th century relics. Looking forward to looking back to the 19th century.........

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great day Chizz! Was just thinking that I've not dug a war nickel in a while...so cool! Kudos for spreading the wealth, my kids think detecting and coins are fuddy-duddy lol...in fact, my teenage daughter has actually asked me not to hunt her school grounds while she's there..ha! I'm thinking of getting a straw hat, suspenders and detecting the school with a shirt that says "TAYLORS DAD"...great post...ddf

Thank you, ddf!! It's odd, but I've recovered 8 War Nicks since starting.........in comparison, the next multiple find has been 4 Rosies.
Yeah, I'm the only member of the family that plays with coins. I've tried to instill the hobby into the next 2 generations and still have hope for the youngest grand-daughter. She "collects" toys of the same theme, so maybe there's something there to cultivate.
Bib overalls go great with a straw hat..............:laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread