Ace 250

jollyone

Dec 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How deep should my detector pick up a constant signal when in jewelry mode. I mainly hunt local parks and I have the regular coil and lately have been using the 4.5 sniper coil it seems I can't get a signal of any type more than 4 inches??? Am I scanning too fast or am I at max capacity surely there is pennies or something deeper than 4 inches. Found 48 targets on a two hr hunt today mostly pennies and dimes and quarters all within 3 inches of the top????

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jollyone

that's about it, were is your sensitivity at
if it's to high it will false
people have better luck at 2 to 3 bars
the cleaner the ground "less mineral" the deeper it will go
head phones should help get you a little deeper...
did you make a test garden and see if that helps and gives you an idea on dept on different size targets.
good luck

liftloop

OP
OP
jollyone

jollyone

Dec 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in middle of town apartment so I buried stuff in the woods behind the park to get reading there is a lot of iron ore in the ground that is almost constant in all metal mode I bought headphones and plan to use them tommorow if it warms up thanks for the info I can search with almost full bars sometimes down a notch or two depending on where I hunt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread