After surgery

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone! Haven't been out and active for about a week or so because I had shoulder surgery! (at 34 years old :BangHead:) They shaved my bone and cleaned up inside. My allergies have kicked my butt in the past few days, anyone else? I can't wait to get back into good health so I can head out there and finally find my pot of gold! :laughing7:
I've been going through all my finds and it's astounding to see how much history I have recovered, and only in a couple of years of detecting. I can just imagine the collection some of you have that have been detecting 10+ years! I even built another electrolysis machine for myself (using one arm! haha) This also gives me plenty of time to research and make a lineup for door knocking.
Any tips on how to approach a company vs a residential person? Is there a difference really?
Does anyone need any half horse shoes? I have a few.... :laughing7:
Happy hunting everyone! Stay safe and swing your thing!

Matt

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good to hear that you're on the mend.
Any surgery sucks, but if the outcome is better than the prior problem then its worth it.
What do you mean by half a horse shoe?
Broken or are you referencing a oxen shoe?

Sheperdess

Jan 20, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You better hang onto them if they are ox shoes! Show us a photo, please.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello everyone! Haven't been out and active for about a week or so because I had shoulder surgery! (at 34 years old :BangHead:) They shaved my bone and cleaned up inside. My allergies have kicked my butt in the past few days, anyone else? I can't wait to get back into good health so I can head out there and finally find my pot of gold! :laughing7:
I've been going through all my finds and it's astounding to see how much history I have recovered, and only in a couple of years of detecting. I can just imagine the collection some of you have that have been detecting 10+ years! I even built another electrolysis machine for myself (using one arm! haha) This also gives me plenty of time to research and make a lineup for door knocking.
Any tips on how to approach a company vs a residential person? Is there a difference really?
Does anyone need any half horse shoes? I have a few.... :laughing7:
Happy hunting everyone! Stay safe and swing your thing! Matt

Glad the shoulder is on the mend..be sure and do the physical therapy!
Both my rotator cuffs are shot, and doing the PT is the only thing that's
kept me out of surgery.

As for approaching a company vs. a private home..what kind of
company are you considering approaching?

Many companies just lease the building, so you'll have to do
some homework to find out the actual property owner or the
designated property management company, as that's who you
need to get permission from.

Dealing with a larger company, I can only imagine that the amount
of red tape involved would be substantial. They would want to be
fully indemnified in case you get injured or croaked on their land.
You also may get asked to post a bond to cover any damage you
may cause.

In short, unless you have very strong evidence that there's a
substantial find there, in most cases it's not going to be worth
the effort. JMHO, of course.

EagleEye1

Banned
Apr 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad your surgery went okay. Allergies? Yeah, this and last year has been nuts! I used to never have allergies, poison ivy doesn't even bother me either, but whatever is floating around these last couple of years has been insane!

Maryland this time is really bad, Florida can be pretty much be all dang year for allergies.

Last edited:

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HunterMF. Wishing you a quick recovery and happiness

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its been pretty windy in Florida that north wind brings that pollen to our front door

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
also 34 here, and know exactly where you are coming from. I have already had knee and hand surgery, and need more that I am putting off. luckly we still recover decently at our ages. be VERY diligent with physical therapy, or else you will just string it out longer or even end up with other problems. Good luck!

OP
OP
HunterMF

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the response! I want to get back out there even if it means just using my left arm! haha
I will collect all the shoes I have in my bucket and post on here shortly.
When dealing with bigger companies, I totally understand what you mean by legal issues. I appreciate the input!
Happy hunting all!

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you heal quickly. rig up a harness to help support the metal detector, you don't want to prolong the healing .
shoulders can be a real S O B to heal.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck on your recovery. I had Rotator Cuff surgery 6 years ago. Luckily, it was in November so 4 months of my recovery time was during the Illinois Winter. I used my left arm for digging the during my first Spring back, so as to not mess up my right side surgery. Its doing well now. I spent a lot of time rearranging display cases, and going thru my coin and token albums. Been detecting almost 35 years, so there was plenty of stuff to look at.

OP
OP
HunterMF

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As promised, here are the broken horseshoes (or what I believe to be) If I am mistaken, please let me know!! Thank you!!
horseshoes.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread