Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been wondering for the last few years when the whole industry will become extinct. I believe 100 percent that it's possible to plug your smart phone into a wand with a coil attached. Much like the old docking ports for the i-phone. I imagine you would only need to buy a coil on a stick that your phone plugs into. Then you scroll to the detector app on your phone, and your off hunting. My galaxy phone must have about 100 times the computing power of any metal detecting control pod !! It seems like this type of idea is totally doable when I talk to my tech friend who works for D.O.D. he is a genius with creating APPS, and thinks it could be very easy to create. If he didn't make so much money making smart bombs and weapons he would probably be working on this idea !! At that point all metal detecting companies would become extinct !!

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I imagine you would only need to buy a coil on a stick that your phone plugs into. Then you scroll to the detector app on your phone, and your off hunting.

Why even plug in? Wifi or blue tooth. No need to plug anything in. That’s how the Deus Ii operates already, just with a control pad, not a phone.

OP
OP
ToddsPoint

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like science fiction but it’s just around the corner. A phone to control things and wireless coils in your shoes. Now if they would just invent an automatic shovel so I don’t have to bend over so much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions