Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two weeks ago, I got out to MD. It was a hot, humid day - so I waited till 6:00pm. I got tired very quickly and bagged it after 1.5 hours. I could hardly breathe. Then when I got back home, saw on local weather that smoke was effecting our air quality again! I think it was at about 130. Anyway, I'm in the sensitive to
smoke group. From now on, I'll be checking the air quality levels closely.

Here is some info that might be useful on subject. HH!

Good app for weather and air quality:

weatherbug.com
set to your Zipcode
Air Quality - look at this figure. See chart below for various levels and what they mean.
Air Quality Chart.jpg

Top triggers (click > sign for more info)
example of trigger:
PM2.5 says:
Main sources are fuel burning processes in industry, transportation and indoor heating
Particules enter the lungs and cause local and systemic inflammation in the resipratory system & heart, thus cause cardiovascular and respiratory diseases such as asthma and bronchitis

PM10 says:
Main sources are natural dust, smoke and pollen
Cause local and systemic inflammation in the respiratory system & heart
Cause cardiovascular and respiratory diseases such as asthma and bronchitis
etc.

Fire and Smoke Map US (real time)
https://fire.airnow.gov/

'Wildfire smoke map: Forecast shows which US cities, states are being impacted by Canadian wildfires'
Wildfires burning in Canada are continuing to create poor air quality conditions in the U.S. as the smoke makes its way south.

'Wildfire smoke map: Which US cities are forecast to be impacted by fires burning in Canada'
Exposure to concentrated amounts of PM2.5 can cause short-term effects such as irritation of the eyes, nose and throat; coughing, sneezing and shortness of breath, and long-term effects such as worsening of conditions including asthma and heart disease, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.

Why Wildfire Smoke is a Health Concern
https://www.epa.gov/wildfire-smoke-course/why-wildfire-smoke-health-concern

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread