Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How is it that American network providers feel like this is a good idea? During a conversation with Direct TV this morning the girl said that they put the channel on because many customers wanted it. Well that is an untruth! When the Gore sold CurrentTV it changed the currents name to Al Jazeera! I informed her of this, I also told her that Al Jazeera use to be the mouth piece for Bin Laden. I can't see how it is going to be anything but another propaganda network. Solidad Obrien lol.+

Here is what I found on the misguided Direct tv website. I am waiting to hear a response from them, The poor girl was so uninformed she could not hope to be helpful.

[h=1]Current TV (Ch. 358) has been rebranded as Al Jazeera America.[/h]

• WHAT IS AL JAZEERA AMERICA? Al Jazeera America is the new American news channel from Al Jazeera Media Network. Headquartered in New York City and with bureaus in 12 cities across the country, Al Jazeera America offers in-depth news that focuses on the significance of each story to everyday Americans. Al Jazeera America is found on Channel 358 and included in the XTRA Package and above.
  • WHY ARE YOU CARRYING AL JAZEERA AMERICA? Al Jazeera America is not a new channel, but rather a rebranding of Current TV, a channel DIRECTV already carried. Since Al Jazeera assumed Current TV’s contracts with providers like DIRECTV, there were no new negotiations or contracts signed to carry the channel. By carrying Al Jazeera America under an existing contract, we’re just maintaining our current channel offering.
  • WHAT HAPPENED TO CURRENT TV? Current TV was sold to Al Jazeera earlier this year and has been rebranded as Al Jazeera America. It will be carried on the same channel – Ch 358 – and in the same programming packages, XTRA Package and above. Each year, many channels carried by DIRECTV decide to change their names—Al Jazeera is simply another network to do so.
  • ISN’T THIS JUST ANOTHER VERSION OF AL JAZEERA ARABIC? Not at all. Al Jazeera America is an entirely new network focused on news here in the U.S. and will be run separately from Al Jazeera Arabic, or Al Jazeera English, which will eventually be phased out in the U.S.
  • WHAT KIND OF CONTENT WILL BE ON AL JAZEERA AMERICA? During its 24-hour U.S. and international news, Al Jazeera America will provide breaking reports, in-depth coverage of ongoing stories, sports, business, lifestyle and investigative journalism, and news documentaries. Familiar faces on the channel include world-class journalist Soledad O’Brien, former chief business correspondent at CNN Ali Velshi, former CBS News anchor Joie Chen, and former NBC Nightly News anchor John Seigenthaler.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the money channel on yesterday, and kept seeing the Aljazeera America advertising, and kept thinking,
"Lordy, how long have I had this tv turned off"?
Yep, Gore sold out to the highest bidder. Good thing he wasn't in the weapons business.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
1. Why are you upset about a TV channel?
2. Why are you arguing with a DirecTV rep and then blaming her for your own personal displeasure over the channel?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2. Why are you arguing with a DirecTV rep and then blaming her for your own personal displeasure over the channel?

I object because it is another front for supporting radical Muslim preaching in america, they also support the Muslim brotherhood. It used to be named bin laden network....

During WW II would we have allowed Adolph Hitler Network to have broadcast here...NO!

http://mobile.wnd.com/2013/01/al-jazeera-a-muslim-brotherhood-front/

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/57324

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Knowledge is a tool. I would rather know whats going on than be clueless. You should try watching it a couple times & see if you learn anything. I don't follow it regularly, but I turn it on if the mood strikes me. & I am so thankful we live in a country that allows us the freedom to choose what we watch.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Knowledge is a tool. I would rather know whats going on than be clueless. You should try watching it a couple times & see if you learn anything. I don't follow it regularly, but I turn it on if the mood strikes me. & I am so thankful we live in a country that allows us the freedom to choose what we watch.

Good point.

I am obviously left leaning but I occasionally watch Fox News (for as long as I can stand it). I do this just to stay informed about what people with opposing viewpoints are thinking.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are other worlds out there besides cnn, fox, and what's that other one. :laughing7:

I have always checked out Aljazeera, CSM, Israeli, British, Australian, news sources.
We, just as the rest of the world, got a lot of blinders on, slanted views that lean in all directions, like a busted gear cable on a shifter, pretty flaccid.

I feel it good to have multiple view points, when attempting to draw ones' own conclusions. I also agree with TH, that this is an infiltration, they too, are going to slant things their way, if it is not just another front for more devious undertakings.

Use your filters everyone, and remember, just cause someone tries to shove something down your throat,
don't mean that you got to swallow!

63-Cat-Projectile-Vomit.jpg

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
American's still watch CNN, Fox News and CNBC ???

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More than just news, they are another muslim front used to support Muslim Brotherhood and other terrorists, it is used to raise money to help finance Muslim terrorists.

How hard do you think it would be to relay orders using it...

People We Are At War! :banghead:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
There are other worlds out there besides cnn, fox, and what's that other one. :laughing7:

I have always checked out Aljazeera, CSM, Israeli, British, Australian, news sources.
We, just as the rest of the world, got a lot of blinders on, slanted views that lean in all directions, like a busted gear cable on a shifter, pretty flaccid.

I feel it good to have multiple view points, when attempting to draw ones' own conclusions. I also agree with TH, that this is an infiltration, they too, are going to slant things their way, if it is not just another front for more devious undertakings.

Use your filters everyone, and remember, just cause someone tries to shove something down your throat,
don't mean that you got to swallow!

View attachment 849468

Such a nice kitty.:laughing7:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Al Jazeera America is not a new channel, but rather a rebranding of Current TV

Says tons about Algore

Really? Are you serious? Does 9/11 mean anything to you?

S

stefen

I predict that Al-Jazeera will be a heavy hitter with the American public and we will see it skyrocketing in the months to come.

Being a forward thinking businessman, I'm investing in a start-up business marketing checkered table cloths, bungee cords, ski masks and other related clothing to be available thru eBay, Itsy and other social media outlets.

I plan to run 10 second spot advertizements on Al-Juzeera primetime.

If all goes well with my Business Plan, an IPO may be formulated within the next 12 to 18 months.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Politics in Everything Else ?

NOPE !

thread Locked

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Politics in Everything Else ?

NOPE !

thread Locked

On smartphone never noticed it was in everything else...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread