All ready to spend a day detecting but my body just wont Le me...

Garbagebill

Nov 1, 2013
San Joaquin valley Ca.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics gamma 6000/Detech 13" Ultimate DD Coil
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Buzz Wilson Bomb Sheath/Lesche digging tool/Black Widow headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All ready to spend a day detecting but my body just won't Le me...

Since I bought my metal detector I've been looking forward to the weekends to spend them metal detecting, just around the local parks, nothing much just clad collecting and maybe finding something cool. Woke up early like normal got dressed loaded everything in the truck sit down to have my morning coffee and bam! The body just can't do it today. :( I've got nerve damage that does pretty much keep me in pain most days but I deal with it and move on, there are days like today when it just sits you on your A@@! Now a little depressed, I guess I'll spend the day reading my dick stout and Charles garrett books. HH

Upvote 0

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
To paraphrase the mantra of the Marine Corps, 'improvise, adopt and overcome'.
Sounds like in the past you have dealt with it and moved on.
Suggestion: Reevaluate throughout the day, I'm betting you'll be out there soon.
Happy New Year,
Don....

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm doing chemo----same results----hope you get you day out soon

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey GB,
Sorry to hear that you are suffering. If you were closer I'd come over to pick you up and
do the driving to a local spot!
I know how you feel with the pain! I'm in the same boat!
I got up before sunrise and took Advil and I'm feeling ok
right now.
But still can't seem to get out the door!
Hope you feel better soon!
RG

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the same problem!:laughing7: I just have to "push" myself to get going. Once I'm out there things look up,but getting out there is the hardest.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a stroke in Oct and just got out of Physical Rehab and now have to use a walker. I'll be ok once I can get in the water, it'll be coming out that will be hard.:coffee2:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish there was no pain! I've had some pain in my life; but very little compared to most. I've been extremely 'lucky'? No, God has been extremely good to me! I have had very little pain; but have COPD and can't do a lot of the things that I used to love to do. I haven't been using my detectors much these last few years; but am going to as soon as the weather permits. I've started back doing the treadmill so I can (hopefully) get myself in shape to go out with the detectors for several hours a day when spring gets here. Maybe I can get out some before, but definitely plan to go out a lot when the weather gets better. I hope and pray that all of you have better days ahead.

Last edited:

Gold!

Jan 20, 2013
Keep at it folks! Sorry to hear about the problems but there is always tomorrow. Will add a prayer to get you back out there.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There are some really cool metal detecting videos on you tube. I like the guys hunting civil war in the creeks. Ive had my share of problems myself. I went out yesterday to a school yard with a garrett ace that I bought for my wife. Wow ! That thing is easy to use and I racked up on coins including a silver dime. One problem ...I would get on the ground to dig but could not get back up. It was a struggle to stand up. Next time I will have something to pull myself up , like carry a shovel but not use it do dig but to get up. I will improve. I twisted both knees in August. Also quit smoking last year and put on a ton. The good news is Im back in the gym and will get it together.
Why don't you build a test garden in your back yard. I need to do that myself.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For all of you guys and gals in pain, find a GOOD acupuncturist. I have disc problems in my lower back and got to where I was in constant pain, walking bent over and dragging my right leg. Pain was so bad, I couldn't push the brake pedal in the car with my right foot. My daughter got me an appointment. I drove up and caveman walked in. I was eating 3 to 5 hydrocodones a day to function. I walked out 1 hour later completely pain free , upright for the first time in months. I go in every 4 to 6 weeks now {its been 3 years} for my "tuneup" and have been living much better. I now have a hydrocodone before bed if I need it and usually none during the day. Each treatment cost me $50. Cheaper than pills and works much better. I have a friend who was in a wreck at age 19 and had severe brain injury. Doctors told his mom to put him in a home because he would never walk or function normally again. His mom took him to my acupuncturist and now he builds and rides motorcycles. Check it out. it can change your life. It sure did mine.

Sharryn

Nov 27, 2013
S. Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Samson 32" T-handle,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To begin my day I start out with a couple of ibuprophen. My knees were so bad that some days I could hardly walk. I just had both replaced this past summer and they're coming around, but slowly. The pain is still there for now but I know it will improve as time goes on. I pray for all of my new MD friends that you have more good days than bad and that you find relief from all your pain. I've heard wonders about acupuncture too, and if there was anyone nearby I would give it a go.

I C THE LITE

Mar 11, 2013
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
minelabs- se pro and excaliber, ace250, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To all my metal detecting comrades. Sorry to hear about your injuries. I hope and pray that all of you get better and may your finds be great and plentiful in 2014.

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After two years of pain followed by back surgery then getting back on my feet, I feel your pain. Just hang in and I hope you get back out soon.

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow. I guess there's a lot a 17 yr old can look forward to in the future...

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of us "oldtimers" are feeling now the results of the fun that we had in our youth. Some of us had a LOT of fun. I don't regret any of the fun that had back then. The only alternative to getting old really sucks so enjoy every minute that you can.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya this is the only way I have found to get the gold out of those "golden years".
Moderate Arthritis both knees only the right one kills me (?), will be looking at surgery at some point down the line.
I can't kneel to dig, so the probe and digger have longer handles. I take the ibuprofen before I head out, and when I'm out detecting the only thing that hurts is finding the GP jewelry!

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try vitamins unno I'm only 20 ohh what I have to look forward to

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread