Nov 10, 2010
Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first pic is from the other day, didn't find much, and snapped my digger. New one should be here tomorrow I hope. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499314471.156858.jpg

Tonight I want back to a good spot where some grass has been cut, and some dirt moved around. I was kneeling and cutting a plug when I glance over and there was a skunk almost right beside me. You can see the spot roughly four feet from the skunk where I was down digging. I backed away and snapped a pic. He sniffed around for a minute and then disappeared into the grass. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499314693.132107.jpg

I carried on and found a decent 1900 IH cent, followed by what I think is an 1887. It's pretty toasted, might try some hot peroxide. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499314819.329569.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499314848.798211.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499314999.241752.jpg

Upvote 14

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife says on a good day she would stack me up against a skunk@@@ I can at at least clear the kids out of the living room!!!!! That would suck to get sprayed I would chase that thing down and do the same to it, LOL Then I would go get my find!!!! Glad you saw it on time!!! Those are night critters I was told if they are out in the day they might be sick or something wrong with em eeeehhhh!!!!@

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t_r.gif
digging.gif
t_l.gif

ANYTHING YOU PULL OUT OF THE GROUND
ARE GOOD FINDS J.Cache

Sorry about your digger!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you avoided being sprayed. That would have certainly ruined your day. Nice finds and great post.

SvenS

Oct 13, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Makro products, as well as others. Self built Mirage PI's. The Mirage is excellent in trashy sites, unlike many PI's.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a small one that visits our backyard now and then looking for grubs. It spooked me a couple of times when I stepped out the back door on the side of the house that leads to the backyard. Was within 3' of it the one day, chasing our cats back in that I just let out. got lucky.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sucks on the digger, it could be welded up again. I've seen a few skunks walking around this year, never been afraid of getting sprayed as they seem to know when to and not to do the call of duty.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs Jcache, if you get a good date on that Indian please re-post it...I used to have a pet skunk, de-scented of course...she was a rescue, I guess mama skunk got ran over and some brave soul gathered the 2 little ones up and took them in. It was fun to have her waddle in (she walked funny) on unsuspecting guests, one buddy just about ran clear thru a wall lol. Her name was Cookie, ha...she was partial to home-made peanut butter cookies...thx for sharing! Ddf

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad that you didn't get "skunked".

Best of luck to you sir!

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I heard skunks make nice pets.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting sprayed by a skunk stinks.
Snapping a Lesche digger is unheard of.
I'm glad you got to go home with a few keepers. Congratulations

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife says on a good day she would stack me up against a skunk@@@ I can at at least clear the kids out of the living room!!!!! That would suck to get sprayed I would chase that thing down and do the same to it, LOL Then I would go get my find!!!! Glad you saw it on time!!! Those are night critters I was told if they are out in the day they might be sick or something wrong with em eeeehhhh!!!!@

Lol I hear you, and I bet if that skunk got any closer to my diggin shoes, he would be the one running away

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you avoided being sprayed. That would have certainly ruined your day. Nice finds and great post.

Thanks, and I agree completely

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sucks on the digger, it could be welded up again. I've seen a few skunks walking around this year, never been afraid of getting sprayed as they seem to know when to and not to do the call of duty.

Yep, don't act threatening and animals will usually mind their own business.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs Jcache, if you get a good date on that Indian please re-post it...I used to have a pet skunk, de-scented of course...she was a rescue, I guess mama skunk got ran over and some brave soul gathered the 2 little ones up and took them in. It was fun to have her waddle in (she walked funny) on unsuspecting guests, one buddy just about ran clear thru a wall lol. Her name was Cookie, ha...she was partial to home-made peanut butter cookies...thx for sharing! Ddf

Oh man that would be so much fun freaking people out! How long did you have her?

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting sprayed by a skunk stinks.
Snapping a Lesche digger is unheard of.
I'm glad you got to go home with a few keepers. Congratulations

It took a while to actually snap. First I noticed a little hairline stress crack, then it was a quarter inch, then half an inch. The day it snapped the crack was through about three quarters. I had to dig so carefully. The last hole I dug, the blade stayed in the hole.

This is the second time I've had this happen

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man that would be so much fun freaking people out! How long did you have her?

I had her about a year...then mom n dad moved back from Phoenix to re-claim the house...yep-they walked in when I was at work, I failed to mention there was a skunk running loose..YIKES! lol...mom not amused...but she was a great companion...didn't exactly lick your face but I knew she loved me! Ha...Ddf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread