Almost threw silver back in the hole !!

tanz 82

Mar 16, 2012
N.mass- S.nh
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I came across this shaker head today and almost put it back cause it didnt look like sterling ! I learned a lesson today hold on to everything till you clean it ! I also found a small coin spill from the 1880's and a 43 merc . 82,84,85 indian heads and a shield nickel no date again !? Second one i found ever and both are no dates os that common ? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440624464.919357.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440624495.985777.jpg

Upvote 13

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, yeah--keep everything till ya clean it. If I hadn't done that, I'd have thrown away colonial buttons, civil war relics, and my oldest coin ever dug (cause it had a hole in the center). It's just common sense to "leave the area cleaner than you found it." Otherwise, it's the worst of both scenarios: not only do you end up burying the VALUABLE finds back in the ground again, but if you ever come back, you have to dig up all your same trash a SECOND TIME.

Congrats on saving the salt shaker top.

-Buck

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in 2010 in my first few months of detecting, I would toss any junk in the nearby bushes/ditches etc. That was before I was on any detecting websites, no magazine subscriptions, totally on my own--and clueless. How I regret doing that! I sure hope nobody saw me! Now that these spots have been pounded by me, the edges are the best places to find things, and it would be easier if I hadn't thrown bits of junk there. I quickly learned to always take my junk with me.

That's my experience anyway.

Nice finds you got there!

jojobama

Aug 22, 2014
south alabama
Detector(s) used
fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recon its ok 4 me 2 throw beer cans back in my hole at the beach 4 the next man? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds; a hunt to be proud of! The "put it back comment" stuck for me also. I keep all my trash (except for HUGE iron junk which I lean against a tree or something). I don't necessarily do it so I don't dig it again, but to get the metal out of the ground and in to the recycling bin at home. I was on a dry sand hunt this weekend in Rhode Island and people were amazed at the amount of junk I was extracting from "their" beach. They left with a more positive impression of detectorists.

aj

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds and nice save.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Each time u go back it will b less of trash and more of goodies! Then it want b a wagon load but lucky u got a bag full. Congrats on the finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions