Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not quite yet, but it's comin. Some of the smaller water holes are iced over, and one old guy was ice fishing in Officer's Gulch. I didn't think the ice would be thick enough yet. Keep hearing about gas prices going down, but we don't see much of that in the mountains. More snow in the forecast tonight. Overall, I'm thankful I live here.
11-23a.jpg
11-23b.jpg
11-23c.jpg
11-23d.jpg
11-23e.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm hearing you might be seeing the better part of winter tonight. Suppose to be a fast moving cold snap, but the weather folks still sometimes get that wrong when what they forecast decides to switch to a different course of action.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not quite yet, but it's comin. Some of the smaller water holes are iced over, and one old guy was ice fishing in Officer's Gulch. I didn't think the ice would be thick enough yet. Keep hearing about gas prices going down, but we don't see much of that in the mountains. More snow in the forecast tonight. Overall, I'm thankful I live here. View attachment 2116582 View attachment 2116584 View attachment 2116585 View attachment 2116586 View attachment 2116587
Yes it has signs of we're getting close to the Ol'Man again. Nice shots of the landscape, not too sure about the old guy fishing, must not weigh much.
I just did a calculation of gas we're $5.47 for Reg. $6.87 for Diesel. But there's the $1.37 exchange to go on that.
Here we're bouncing 38-45 cents a gallon back and forth a few times a week.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ice was about 3-4 inches where that guy was, pepperj, which surprised me. Any farther out and it's pretty thin. Best of luck to him, cause I never did much good in that pond. Everything's high here in the mountains. Cost of rent, groceries, gasoline, and that one guy behind the counter at 7-11.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda fizzled last night for us, TR. I see they got a little more over towards the front range but I didn't even have to scrape the windshield this morning.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is just about live from the back yard. A nice gentle snow coming down and a 19° chill.

I just noticed that pic of the Copper Mountain Conoco. I have to say they fill my demand. I've dropped a $10 in the tank countless times with their inflation prices, just because of the convenient location. Just enough fuel to get me home is all. I'm in & out from there lickity split. They do make good pizza and the smell of that fresh cooked dough draws me in at times before. I don't know if they still do pizza there anymore? I'm thinking I went in there wanting a pie, but no one was there to bake any. They did offer free coffee on the Monday after the Broncos won a game. But that's been really rare in the last several years, because Denver has been really sucking wind. Though the talk today is different now that they've got 4 wins in a row this season.

Attachments

• 20231124_094024.jpg
    20231124_094024.jpg
    609.4 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other than the one in Georgetown, it is about the easiest on and off gas station along 70, TR. No roundabout. I've never been in there, cause locals don't really stop there. Actually gas here in town is around $3.69 now. During that pandemic panic, those guys at Copper were around 20 cents cheaper than here in town. Snow still ain't much yet, but it has been down below zero a few nights.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread