Always Buy This...

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I would say "vintage harley". In my experience anything made in the 80's or earlier is valuable, even a bandanna is worth $30 if it's old.

Last edited:

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Keen Kutter stuff can be hit or miss. They had all kinds of stuff from tools to straight razors to alarm clocks. A keen Kutter wrench sells for like $4. They also have a lot of different stuff that sells in the $10-$20 range. Ive got a Keen Kutter straight razor in the keen kutter marked box. Theere is some good stuff marked Keen Kutter, but you've got to know what to look for with it. I wouldn't consider it a must buy unless you are familiar what the particular item sells for.

Lafitte Deux

Jan 19, 2012
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh and as far as knives go...
Biggest names and best selling ... Case... Schrade.
Off the wall stuff in knives is always good...
Oh yeah look for MArbles.

There is a company making newer Marbles knives. They're crap.
So just keep an eye out for the vintage ones.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I should have been more clear. If I see anything Tiffany, it is a lock buy. Cutco Knifes? Lock. TI Calculators? not a lock, they have to be a certain model or design or something. I appreciate the entry, I buy TI83's when I can find them, but that's not what I am looking for here. Thanks for the others, I hadn't heard of Longchamp or Miriam haskell (out of my field of interest).

Folks, please be responsible about your answers.

The OP's intentions with this thread are clear. See above.

Great topic, by the way!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I think this is pretty obvious but I would like to add Apple products (ipods, phones) to this list. Even broken Apple stuff is worth money.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I think this is pretty obvious but I would like to add Apple products to this list. Even broken Apple stuff is worth money.

My luck with apple is pretty hit and miss. an apple wireless router? Eh... An Apple poster or tshirt? HIT!

Better than most companies, pretty close to a lock. Everything apple is worth a look, at least....

Apple Story time...

Back in 1980, I was a coin collector. I was well known at the Southern California Coin shows. I traveled to the ANA show by myself at 16... I was at the Long Beach coin show, and a friend who was a dealer offered me an Apple 1 computer in a wooden case. He wanted $50 for it and he said he had some papers to go with it. I thought to myself... Apple 1? What the HECK would I want that for? It can't be used and more, so it is going to sit in a closet until my mother throws it out. I thanked my friend and passed...

Rare Apple 1 Computer Is Now Among The 5 Most Expensive Apple Products Ever Sold

THIS is the one I turned down... I am pretty sure.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No cheech... was like this... Gladstone #2

350857450391.jpg

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought that this might be more helpful on this thread's "What to Look For", rather than listing it in the Ebay forum's Pearls and Perils of selling.....

It just came out today:

eBay: Sell in-demand items for FREE*!

Bill

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a vast majority of high end, luxury name brands to look lout for but only a small limited number of these brands would encompass a "buy it no matter what the item" scenario, based on the brand name only. Also, these brands are often the most faked out there, so you better know what you're looking at.

These are brand names (off the top of my & head before my morning coffee) that I look out for. But would I buy the item based on the brand name only? Absolutely not.

- Armani, Gucci, Tiffany, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Prada, Monteblanc, Coach, Fendi, Burberry, Cartier, Hermes, Pendleton, Leica, Versace, D&G, Dior, Tag Heuer, Oscar De La Renta, Vera Wang, Swarovski, Lalique, Baccarat, Moser, Buccellati, Rolex, Breitling, Patek Philippe, Omega, Van Cleef, David Yurman, Ferragamo, and many many more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions