American Digger - the Hole Truth

John Winter

Aug 23, 2014
England
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
… through the miracle of the Internet, it is possible to both insult and anger large groups of people within seconds while never leaving your chair. Never has meanness and cruelty been so efficient and convenient. It is like the fast food of verbal brutality: quick, easy, cheap, tasteless, and often nauseating.

American Digger ? The Hole Truth | johnwinter.net

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read your blog in the past and enjoyed it. The last sentence of your posting on this thread is sad but true.

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, ex-metal detectorist?? I thought that we only become preoccupied with the real world at times, than to consider ourselves ex-detectorists. HH David

OP
OP
John Winter

John Winter

Aug 23, 2014
England
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes ... I can't physically swing the coil anymore. Just get my kicks by writing about the hobby and trying to engage with others.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm half way there. I wanted to go detecting this morning cause it will rain tomorrow...but, nope! The knee decided otherwise. I could barely get around to pick up a few things in walmart. I was seriously considering using one of the electric scooters they have.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice article John. I have facebook and mainly signed up to find and stay in touch with Army buddies/friends & family. The amount of MD related FB groups is astronomical,. I only follow a handful. Most of my online time is spent here on Tnet though. It's my second home and have made many friends from all over the US.

By the way I have a smart phone, but do not use it for FB nor Tnet. I don't want to become one of those who are preoccupied with the device.

I always enjoy to see your articles.:notworthy:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You forgot cowardly John. Allot of key board warrior's out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread