Ammonites & I love my Vancouver Island/ Home!

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this past weekend, my amazing wife and I went on the hunt for some gold and fossils...

Boy oh boy did we have a lot of fun!

The island is home to a vast and dense rain forest, diverse ecosystems, mountains and hills galore and the most amazing green I have ever seen on any of my travels, and its the place we call home.

So we went to a known local water fall called "Ammonite Falls" - 1857583.jpg

I wish I took more pictures to show everyone exactly how amazing this place is, but my camera was dead-dog-dead and I only got a few...

All along the walls of the falls and everywhere down from there you see these 4" - 24" ammonites. In the walls, on the smoothly shaved rock, literally all over, and we were just so lucky to find our own that wanted to come home with us!

20150824_184754[1].jpg
20150824_184741[1].jpg

This is exactly how we pulled it from the rock, have not cleaned or scrubbed at all.

I think it's pretty freaking awesome! Ill take some other pictures when I get home to show and post, it was a magical day.

Also, got my first TINY piece of gold where I was panning. Still trying to get the knack of where I should go to get my material....
One day!

OP
OP
Bquamb

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very freaking cool website. Love the simple background, lol.
Ill have to post pictures of the massive guys that are still stuck in the walls.

creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really neat, we find a lot of fossils in Ohio, but not those very often, mostly horn coral and brachiopods, very cool thanks fro the look!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions