An eye opener in the ATP.

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
image.jpeg

Been lookinging for a water unit for this year and wanted something tried and tested. For my type of hunting (mainly CW) I kept coming back to the ATP. Finally found one with some extras and got it today. After hitting the test garden I then picked out the trashiest spot on the property using the 5x8. Some would look at the finds for that short hunt and say "nothing of interest there" but I see it as what the unit has for potential in other sites. Would not have thought after 12 years and all types of units in here that another nonF could be pulled in from there. Best being a button and my lost tractor keys as a bonus lol.

Also what got me was how fast this thing is in the heavy stuff. Have read everything here I could find on the ATP from tips to setting it up and want to thank all those that gave advice. May have to rethink my Just A Water Machine thing. Glad I added it to my Arsenal of units.

Read Johns post tonight about the concentric, was wondering if I should hold onto it or not. In what cases have you used the concentric to help? Looks as though John likes his for coin shooting. Sorry so long, just excited in what I observed today.

HH

image.jpeg

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Pinpointing with a concentric coil is simpler, faster and more accurate then a DD coil. A concentric coil also is more accurate at identifying targets. The best example is detecting bottle caps. A DD coil will nearly always ID a bottle cap as a coin, whereas a concentric coil will often ID it as junk. This is an issue if you are a coin/jewlry hunter. You can pinpoint off the center of the coil, or use the method below. The method below is just like using a pin-pointer on shallow targets.

addon (1).jpg

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use the tip/tail method for pinpointing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread