An Honest Teller

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Stopped by a bank today that where I know another member dumps halves, to pick up dimes, nickels, and pennies. Saw what looked like either a half or an Ike in one of the other teller trays, and asked what it was. The teller said it was a beat up half, but that it wasn't silver, which she collected. We chatted a bit, during which time she told me how she always looked through the quarter and half rolls when customers brought them in, looking for silver.

I really can't be upset about that. I used to do the same, and I'd much rather know which branches actively hunt silver so I don't waste my time there. On the bright side, apparently she doesn't go through dime rolls, as I found a lone silver...

:laughing7:

Upvote 0

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish other tellers would be so honest. I know for a fact one branch were I live are not allowed to hunt through their coins and they have cameras. The only bad thing is that to order boxes of halves from that bank it will cost me a thousand dollars. Ouch! If only I could find someone to go in with me 50/50 then I would be set. Congrats on the dime find. One coin at a time is better than none.

Smiles and hugs
-garoulady

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish other tellers would be so honest. I know for a fact one branch were I live are not allowed to hunt through their coins and they have cameras. The only bad thing is that to order boxes of halves from that bank it will cost me a thousand dollars. Ouch! If only I could find someone to go in with me 50/50 then I would be set. Congrats on the dime find. One coin at a time is better than none.

Smiles and hugs
-garoulady

Boxes of Halves are $1000 out there?!
I can't get anyone to order for me in my area :(
I'll go 50/50 though =)
Wicka

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
tell me about it. But I know if I order from my work its only 500 bucks but two things. one I don't want to use my workplace as a buying spot and second the boxes are almost all from brinks. i don't know if brinks goes through their boxes or not. I need to call around to my other credit union and another bank I have a checking account with. They might order 500 dollar boxes. And I don't know of any other CRHrs in my town personally hence no one to go 50/50 in with me.

Hugs and smiles
-Garoulady

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
See if she would order you a box or two every week. You get some boxes to search, she gets CWR to look through, and you have something to chat about.

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tell me about it. But I know if I order from my work its only 500 bucks but two things. one I don't want to use my workplace as a buying spot and second the boxes are almost all from brinks. i don't know if brinks goes through their boxes or not. I need to call around to my other credit union and another bank I have a checking account with. They might order 500 dollar boxes. And I don't know of any other CRHrs in my town personally hence no one to go 50/50 in with me.

Hugs and smiles
-Garoulady

Brinks is the best in my area, as long as you don't get dumped CWR in resealed boxes. You never know if you will get those since it depends on how much people are dumping rerolled coins in your area.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
when we order from brinks as a business we only get Machine rolled coin, no customer wrapped. I tend to open those if I get them in my till from customers paying for their groceries. Well when I get my brinks box I'll let you know.

Hugs and Smiles,
-Garoulady

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
The key is to figure out what that teller likes and what she doesn't like and form a win-win situation. If she, for example, doesn't really collect foreign coins, you might be able to buy her foreign coins for a small amount of American silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread