Angus Mackirk alternatives?

sir_stillwater

Greenie
Jun 12, 2023
Was trying to find another angus mackirk sluice box but it looks like they stopped making them... Can't find any online at all. Any suggestion for alternative drop riffle sluices that are lightweight/similar design? or anyone got an explorer or similar they want to sell?

I did look at the grizzly gold traps but my god are they outrageously expensive now :(

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Was trying to find another angus mackirk sluice box but it looks like they stopped making them... Can't find any online at all. Any suggestion for alternative drop riffle sluices that are lightweight/similar design? or anyone got an explorer or similar they want to sell?

I did look at the grizzly gold traps but my god are they outrageously expensive now :(
Look up Geo Sluice Mining and LeTrap. They both market drop riffle sluices. By the way, I googled Angus Mackirk and see that they are in Canada now so maybe contact them direct to find U.S. sources(?).

Good luck.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread