Another BAG of Dimes

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Picked up my 8th bag of dimes this year from the only bank around that will sell bags. Was so excited to get it since the teller that normally saves, texts me, and sells the bag to me, is transferring to another branch on Dec22 and is much farther to drive too. This might be the LAST dime bag I'll ever get. Results of bag were: 10-Rosie's, no Merc's, for an avg of 2.5/box (since a bag is $1000 as 4-boxes). I'm happy with the outcome which is better than my 1.7/avg/box YTD 2017.

Upvote 0

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great work Dozer. I hope you'll find the new guy accommodating. It is sad when the super helpful tellers move on. I made the rounds on the far side of town and only recognized one teller. She said it was a whole new team. They couldn't even figure out the difference between a CWR and an MWR. I thought I was super clear. I say " do you have any rolls of coins that customers have brought in? I'd like to buy them ."
She hands me a bunch of MWRs .
Even worse I occasionally stop at a bank that's right on the way but the attitude is so noxious and poisonous just going in puts anyone in a foul mood for several hours. The first time I went in the guy coming out goes " don't go to that teller she's a f**king b***h." Right in front of her. I laughed it off and tried to get her to laugh it off too. Sadly its true.
I went by Friday after a three month hiatus. I am alone in the bank. Not even a phone ringing. I have hauled off dumps from them in the past to show them I will buy whatever whenever. " Do you have any halves in the branch today?" No they say without checking with anyone. I ask if anyone has brought them any rolled coins. No they say without even moving. "Do you have any coins at all? This is a bank right? Did I go in the nail salon by accident?" Not even a smile.
Another guy has come in and, catching the tail end of our conversation, jokes with us. He says "well what about the twenty dollar gold pieces?" We are cracking each other up and when we stop the lady looks right at me hard and says " What exactly are you looking for?"
"COINS!" I say. "Just give me $20 in dimes please." I am not leaving empty handed.
She starts to walk away and I ask where she's going. She says she doesn't have any dimes and is going to the vault. I tell her forget it but she insists she'll get them (after keeping me waiting as long as she can). So I have a new dump bank.
I really enjoy people. I enjoy light fluffy conversation and easy joking around. I also respect that people may not be in the mood and move fast and quiet or drop out of line and on to the next bank if it looks like a tough slog. I fill out the customer surveys and compliment specific tellers when they go out of their way to hook me up. I do not fill out the surveys negatively but I may have to start. Like sniping bad attitudes are contagious. I don't like making waves but I am going to start them easy with a $100 in nickels dimes and pennies every Friday. Who's with me. Sorry had to rant.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
The closest bank to me is a credit union and they have that attitude also, always look like the ate prunes and sat on a cactus. The same banks branch in the next town are nice people. I am dumping at the first branch, along with a Federal Credit Union that won't even allow customers to bring in rolled coin, claims it is a federal law after 9/11. Also opened another account to use as a dump bank - they make you leave the coins and then credit your account and won't give out rolled coins at all. I have 4 dump banks within a short distance so I can get rid of $1000 in an hour or so.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread