Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Everyone,

Another BBQ in London, another early morning dig. First I cleaned up the yard while everyone was sleeping in, and then I grabbed a rake and some gloves and walked over to the ravine. This spot is weird. I dug a hole about five feet deep and was finding cans and ACL sodas, but just under the surface I was finding older pieces of jars and crocks. Anyway, I didn't have much time to dig but got a few things to take home. I got some cobalt blues, kept the one because it was interesting and the Milk of Magnesia because I didn't have that size. Then I got a nice olive greenish Crown jar, has a small bruise and half inch crack on the heel, but hey, it's a nice colour. Also got a bunch of insulators - this place has all sorts of different insulators, most made of that stoneware stuff. I kept five stoneware insulators that had nice differently coloured glazes, as well as this Hemingray No. 20 which I didn't have. Then I finally got my first complete jug that I didn't have to repair! It's pretty much mint, no chips, cracks, or anything - and it has the handle! However, it isn't very old, only from about 1938. Then I got a blown triangular shoe dressing and an English applied lip pickle jar.

I left behind a mess of ACL and Art Deco sodas that I couldn't carry, as well as another earlier jug that was cracked up pretty bad, gave that one to the host to use for a garden display.

DSCF9170.JPG

Last edited:

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of those Art Deco sodas are worth a little money. Good for selling. Glad you found some keepers

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will return for the sodas! Yeah, I'm thinking of starting an eBay in the next few weeks. I'm a little intimidated. My plan is to sell off all of the bottles and jars that I've bought, and keep only the ones that I've dug.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread