Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; One day years ago I was searching the City Point Beach here in Boston where there was an old Bath House they tore down. I was making a few finds when a couple of Nuns called me over. They asked the usual questions and said they would say a prayer to Saint Francs that I find something good. I went back to digging. A few minutes later I got a signal. Dug Down and pulled out a RARE Andre Bouchard Gold watch that still worked even tough it had been in the ground for a LONG time. I showed the Nuns and we all said Prayers together. they left. later that day I found 5 Silver Walking Liberty Halves in one hole.!!! :occasion14: what's the chances of that happening. God answered our Prayers for sure. PEACE:RONB

Good Thread here.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
An interesting thing happened to me on 9/11/2016. I was detecting an older site wearing a 9/11 memorial T-shirt honoring my wife’s cousin’s husband who was a fire fighter lost on that day. This was the day I found my first Gold coin, coincidence maybe, but I was thinking of him most of the time and what he may have gone through that fateful day.

May God Bless all lost on that day!

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Prof; Maybe he blessed you with that gold coin for thinking of him and the others. PEACE:RONB

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found my only two cent piece on November 17, 2015. That day was the 35th anniversary of the death of a childhood friend of mine. I had just visited her grave that morning and found the coin 1/2 mile away from where she was laid to rest. I'd like to think she helped me find it or maybe it was my reward for not forgetting her all these years...

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I left for my buddies house early one morning to meet him to go out dirtfishing. We left and later on, my buddie's wife called, saying "there's a chicken in our yard, where the heck did it come from?" My buddy lived in a subdivision, no chickens allowed there.

Come to find out, when we returned back to my buddie's house, I instantly recognized the brown hen as one of my 10 layers we had at home.

That hen had hitched a ride on the rear axle of my pickup. 15 mile ride at 70 mph down the highway. I couldn't believe it.

We tried to catch her, but she'd have none of that, and jumped back up on my rear axle and we headed for home.

We still have a great laugh bringing up that story!

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi FreeBirdTim; I agree. God does answer Prayers and Our Angels do watch over us. Nice find. Light a prayer Candle for her ok. PEACE:RONB :notworthy:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Didn't happen to me. A friend used togo help people find lost rings etc. He had pretty good luck at it, and I was surprised at the number of requests he got. Guess I didn't realize how many people loose stuff, because I've only been asked a couple of times, and we were successful two times, and failed once. Anyhow, he got a call from a lady asking if he could help her find her lost ring. He went to her house, and she told him that she had lost the diamond out of the ring, and she figured it must be on the lawn. He explained that detectors don't pick up on diamonds, only on the metal. She was very disappointed. So he asked her if she is a Christian, she said yes, so he then suggested they pray about it. They held hands, and he said a short prayer, then looked around. The diamond was dead center in a very small bare spot in the grass.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread