Any Luck in Bethany Area

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm fairly new to this hobby. However I can't stop thinking about sites to hunt. I noticed there is a shipwreck listed about 3 miles off of South Bethany and listed as the NINA. Does anybody know if this is one of Columbus' famous ships? Also has anybody found anything besides WWII bullets and shrapnel from BB to the State Park. That seems to be all I find.

Mentz

Aug 19, 2007
Lancaster, Pa and Ocean View, De
Detector(s) used
Minelab Elite, Minelab GT, Teknetics T2, Fisher CZ 3D and Fisher 1236 X2
Bethany area is too litered with the shrapnel and 50 caliber bullets and casings to enjoy hunting. This area was just starting to produce silver coins again after the last beach replenishment. (tons of the bullets and shrapnel pumped in then also) This time they used a screen to keep anything over 1 1/2 inches as the last time they were pumpping in live munitions. Even during the summer season you dig about 25 pieces of the junk for each coin which are largely zinc cents. Never found shipwreck items in the Bethany area. The very large dune that was built even in front of the boardwalk only produces more shrapnel after each storm as that was also pumped from the same area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread