Duncansville,pa
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Whites PI Dual Field
Fisher f2 - sold
Whites DFX 300 - sold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is it just me or is everybody else having trouble finding silver in quarters and halves? I'm having luck finding silver in dimes, about 1-2 in every $250-$500 worth, but for some reason I feel like even that amount should be higher.

Maybe im going about this the wrong way? I don't order boxes from the banks I just ask for what they have on hand, would my finds increase if I did order a box or two from a bank? if so why? Does it give you that much better of a chance to find silver?

Thanks, chip

Upvote 0

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep on pounding through them. You're doing fine. There's an ebb and flow to things. When I'm on a skunk streak with halves I pick up a couple boxes of nickels to make me feel better. I normally do well with nickels for whatever reason. Are you picking up customer wrapped rolls or machine wrapped rolls? I don't even think that it matters honestly I'm just curious.

OP
OP
chip12977

chip12977

Jun 7, 2012
Duncansville,pa
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Whites PI Dual Field
Fisher f2 - sold
Whites DFX 300 - sold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Both the clear wrapped rolls and paper wrapped, what ever they got on hand.

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would benefit you to order halves simply because more volume = more silver.
Search as much as your bankroll will allow.

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chip12977 said:
Is it just me or is everybody else having trouble finding silver in quarters and halves?

I just get whatever they have in the bank, and halves are being real good to me! Still haven't found that silver quarter yet.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it just me or is everybody else having trouble finding silver in quarters and halves? I'm having luck finding silver in dimes, about 1-2 in every $250-$500 worth, but for some reason I feel like even that amount should be higher.

Maybe im going about this the wrong way? I don't order boxes from the banks I just ask for what they have on hand, would my finds increase if I did order a box or two from a bank? if so why? Does it give you that much better of a chance to find silver?

Thanks, chip

I search dimes a lot simply because they give me some finds while I am waiting for my halves to produce.. I am on a long skunk with halves.. Thinking about changing pick up banks

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is competition. The coins are still out there but there are more hunters too. It is more of a numbers game now.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread