Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
He makes the cookout once in a while. If he shows up, I'll get his number for you. He had a Bar in Sebastian, but I think it's closed down.

OP
OP
Darren in NC

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
He makes the cookout once in a while. If he shows up, I'll get his number for you. He had a Bar in Sebastian, but I think it's closed down.
Hmmm...probably not the same guy, John. Like Don said, he lived in Australia last I knew and settled down there with his family.

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hmmm...probably not the same guy, John. Like Don said, he lived in Australia last I knew and settled down there with his family.

Actually Darren, Mike did make it to the cookout one year (or at least someone claiming to be Cablava in an slightly Australian accent). He gave me a business card but I haven't been able to locate it. If I do I'll give you a call. I think he spent some time talking with Tom, Luis and Pete that year too, maybe one of them has contact info. This was quite a while back, maybe the first or second year John did the event. Good Luck!

Last edited:

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I remember meeting and talking with Cablava and his wife at the 5th annual cookout. He lived in Sebastian, FL at the time. Cablava has not posted anything since Oct. 2013. I don't know where he is now.

OP
OP
Darren in NC

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Actually Darren, Mike did make it to the cookout one year (or at least someone claiming to be Cablava in an slightly Australian accent).

Wow. My mistake, then. I had no idea. Thanks for the heads up, John, Jason and Pete. If you happen across any contact info, I would appreciate it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread