Any suggestions on where to pick up half dollars ?

Aug 11, 2013
Newport RI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys!
Coin Roll hunting is really fun! (shout out to Wicka who put me on) Just looking for some help, suggestions from anyone. So I basically hit 7 banks in the last two days for any of there coin rolls. Half dollars really.. There is some guy who beats me to the bank in the morning and it seemed I was following him around town. The three banks I went to in one day, everyone said "some guy came in and took everything we had" I did luck out and go to three banks that he did not. And scored 11 pieces of silver. Then I went to another bank which I think was his dump bank but did not know it at the time until I purchased 242.00 of halves (un rolled mind you) and I got nothing.. But I think my new dump banks will be the banks he was at earlier.. Ha!
So the banks I went to, they don't really carry them. How do I go about ordering half dollars? Is there any good websites anyone recommends? I want to stay away from ebay if I can. Just looking for helpful advice.
Thanks guys
Rick

Upvote 0

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Bank of America's.
No fees
No questions asked
Fast service
Large quantities

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just ask a bank you do business with if they can order for you. Quite simple really.
HH
enamel7

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
I know a lot of banks will not order.... their on to us 0.0....... and no credit union will order either. It may be different where you live though. I have a bunch of BoA's in my area, one orders me 10, two order me 8, and another orders me 4. They really don't care haha.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should have bought all the halves at the Peoples Bank on west main. Rookie mistake-and you missed out! Heard you nabbed a few Eisenhowers that the customer in front of you cashed in, any silver? Anyways, Id concentrate on hitting the banks to your East. Bristol/Warren I hunt daily, Narragansett/Wakefield/N Kingston is full of Hunters and dumps, Newport I rarely visit so good luck!

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh btw, half boxes SUCK in this area, my best box ever was 8 40%, ran a skunk streak into the teens not too long ago before I got a box with 1!

OP
OP
N
Aug 11, 2013
Newport RI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did hit Peoples that's where I scored 7 of my 11 silver pieces. Wasn't me who hit the Eisenhower though. Ill give you a good piece of info. Im about to drop off 240.00 of halves at peoples tomorrow.. (if Newport fed doesn't allow me).. Thanks for the heads up ! I was thinking about hitting up tiverton

OP
OP
N
Aug 11, 2013
Newport RI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Omega, do you ever luck out when you order these boxes? And do you have to pay the ordering fee for them ?

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Omega is in California. Its apples and oranges. Half boxes are HEAVILY mined in this area, I know of 3 other people that do it, nevermind all the ones I dont know. A ton of old timers who have been hitting them hard for years. Give em a try, but you will be disappointed.

raym

Aug 22, 2013
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new here whats the idea behind getting half dollars? And whats coin roll hunting?

Last edited:

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, I am located in SoCal, in Streetwalkers area. Anyways I never have to pay for my boxes. And you know how it goes, sometimes you get the high wave and sometimes the low one. 2 weeks ago I got 100 40% and some 90% out of 2 boxes. Since then I've gotten about 1 Silver per box. Today I picked up 6 boxes from them, and only found one lone 40%. I've had the worst week possible in general life this week so I was expecting a slow haul haha. Hopefully my 4 boxes tomorrow can produce! Picking up from a bank 15 minutes east of where I live, last time I picked up there, I found a Walker and 2 90%s in 2 boxes :D. HH, let me know if you have any other questions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread